Honesty

• 19 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
Hi, I think the guitar worked fine, if just a touch too loud. It contrasted well with the dreamy keyboards.Great vocals, good sound overall.
Enjoyed it!
Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »
Really liked this - got more into it as it went on. The hook is great, and everything really supports it - the organ really adds to the psychodelic feel.

The guitar is great when the overall sound is fuller - possibly it slightly pokes out during the intro when not so much is happening so maybe something subtler or just turning down a touch could be a worth trying there.

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
Lovely Dreamy song. Love your vocals and reminds me of a folky Kirsty mcColl. Would love to have heard a lingering bass line and up a bit in the mix. I think the Lead is fine but in my opinion would work better if sitting back in the mix a bit. Nice one guys.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 09:47:19 PM »
Yo Lynn,Keith and Dave.

I dig the electric folk feel to the song and the great vocal delivery,very bittersweet and totally captivating.

I know you lot plot your very own course and the world is surely a better place for that,but there are a couple of things I'll mention,then you can ignore!

I'd love a more audible bass. 

Don't have the lead guitar playing after every line,or pulled way down in the mix,or both! For me it detracts from the song,too busy and too...there. (Sorry Keith)

Then again,if you listened to folk like me,you'd be yet another verse/chorus outfit!  ;)

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »
Thanks Jamie, Adam, ModestMouse1965, and Skub!

@Skub we don't ignore any advice. We just sometimes choose not to use it. 😉

In this case, here's the new mix:

Listen to Faraway My lovely with HSC Honesty by Hull Soul Collective on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/diademgrove/faraway-my-lovely-with-hsc-honesty