konalavadome

Back again!

• 25 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 01:28:21 PM »
Moody and lush - beautiful piece of music. I particularly love the section building around 5.18 - among other lovely parts. Agree that it didn't seem its own length. Holds the interest nicely. Lovely vocals and piano also. Look forward to hearing more!

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 04:10:12 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

Hi Kevin, pleased you liked the production, you are so on to when it comes to that stuff!

Hi Adam, glad i have an identifiable style (hopefully in a good way ;D), as you know i love to find new and different progressions so pleased you commented on them.

Hi MM, ill take a 10 anyway, thanks! Glad I held you till the end.

Hi Paul, yes I know it is slow. Thats why I worked on the production, arrangement, instrumentation, drums etc more than I have ever done before, as I knew it was a big ask to keep attention for 6.5 mins!Thanks for your kind words!

Hi Paul (WD's),you're very kind glad you enjoyed it, I love Paddy too! Would love to do something with you !

Hi M DB,Glad you enjoyed it, moody and lush was part of what I was aiming for!

Great comments guys, its appreciated!

Just one thought, and I don't think anyone picked up on it, obviously I like all the parts of the song ( :P), but for me the icing on the cake is the high chiming guitar that comes in at the start of the second verse and harmonises with the melody.It plays in unison through the chorus's and then comes back harmonising in the last verse too!

Cheers guys, thanks

Jamie

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
Wow!! That is a really impressive song mate. Glorious melodies that take unpredictable little twists and turns. I love how the piano supports the vocal in the verses, very pretty!😁👍🏻 in fact I loved everything about the backing track except for the drums, which were fine...but for my taste a little heavy for the track. I want bothered by the length of it (oi oi!!!!🤪) some songs should just be as long as it takes...however if you did fancy shortening it I could hear some easy enough places to end it.😁👍🏻

Mix wise (I'm listening on my apple pods) I just felt the vocal needs some more automation or compression as quite a few low phrases just get swallowed in the mix, there was also one instance I heard on the first "agains" where it was too loud.

Any hoo...it really is a track to be proud of mate and I hope my ramblings are of some use to you.🎶👊🏻🎶🙋🏼‍♂️

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »
Hi Leo, thanks for listening. I couldn't disagree with your technical assessment, as I am always just happy to get something that sounds 'about right', as I have no real tech skill. Just learning by trial and error (mostly error :P). I must say I was very pleased with the drums, because the track is so slow, I thought I had to use different sections and some dynamics to carry the listener along. I wanted the drums to have the sort of impact that Phil Collins got with 'In the air tonight". So I guess its personal taste? Loved all your comments, as I really enjoy your stuff, great vocals, arrangements and production! :D

Thanks again!
Cheers
Jamie

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 02:47:01 PM »
great song!
I like that recurring build up
with hear it comes. Lovely piece of work.
you were gone too long. Welcome back!

thanks for sharing your gift.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »
Hi Rightly, good to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words ;D, and for listening, glad you enjoyed it.
Cheers 8)
Jamie

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »
I love the verse melody so nice! And let's be honest the production is amazing I could only dream being that good. Well done:)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 11:19:29 AM »
Hi @Jamie - Welcome back, although I think I joined after you dipped out, nice to hear this.

Listening to this for the first time....

Thought the first section to 1:58 didn't need the drums, it was certainly strong enough without it. Gotta go no to make breakfast... will be back soon...Looking forward to hearing the rest Jamie, as the others have said it's an engaging listen.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@SandM, the production on your song was really good! Everyday is a school day for me when it comes to production, so thanks for the cool comment! Yes the verse melody was the first thing I came up with and knew I could make something decent with it 8).

@CPM,as I mentioned before I felt the track needed drums and drum variations because of the slow tempo. Its all opinion and taste though 8) ;D. Hope you had a good breakfast and listening didn't put you off it :P :o ;)

Cheers
guys
Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 07:06:51 PM »
Not being any kind of subtle songwriter myself, it's great to hear how it's done properly! Even the more powerful sections are somewhat understated here, although the quieter and sweeter sections are my favourite. You have put a beautiful vocal on this and the breathy synth work really sells the languid mood of it all.

It's a shame you stopped producing for a bit, but I know myself how hard it can be to remain motivated. But if you can produce this kind of quality, you should certainly try and have a bit of a sustained period of activity and see where it takes you.

Six minutes? Where did that go then?  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@MichaelA-Great comments thanks for that.It's great to get a comment on the vocals as ,like most of us, I'm not that confident of it :P. Yes, the quiet writing and recording spell has happened to me a couple of time over the last year or two, and the last was my longest. I guess you sometimes wonder why you put so much effort into something thats never really going to 'get anywhere' ::) ;D. Anyway enjoyed producing this one and I have another underway. ;D Lets wait and see what happens!

Cheers and thanks again. 8)
Jamie