Only in the rain

• 18 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »
Hey Kev,

Yeah man, this was a very enjoyable couple of listens. I love how you keep it so dynamic without any drums.👍🏻👏🏻 I love the chord change on "I dont know the reason why". Lovely stuff!

Now...I didn't get the meaning of the chorus lyrically BUT it doesn't matter cos I did "feel" what you meant if that makes sense and that's waaay more important in my book. A lot of my fave songs in the world really move me even though the lyrics make no sense.

Great stuff man.😁🎶🙌🏻🎶

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »
Hello!
This was sweet and I didn't except anything else. Really like the way you create your melodies. Personally I would've done the chorus a bit different. It's very powerful when you land at the major third on "holding you" but I think it might be a bit too much with four of them. Not that it's bad but it loses its strength a little.
The plucking guitar in the second verse sounds great!

Nice one!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »
Sincere thanks to all who listened and commented..everything taken on board.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »
How the feck did I miss reviewing this one Kev ? Lovely melodic track. Love the acoustic picking in V2. Super smooth vocals and top notch production as usual. Top quality output from you as usual. A pretty topical song title as well. Plus you threw in a few B7's there which is my top of the popermost guitar chord!