Amnesia

• 18 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 05:20:16 PM »
As catchy as a catchy things this is, are you ever gonna run out of clever lyrics? great song Paul, definitely a 4 seasons classic! 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »
Lovely harmonies. Catchy. Great little number. The only thing i would say is the stick sound is very loud and distracting but this may be my monitors, will listen to this on my phone plugged in to car to see if that is the case. A great listen.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 01:33:29 PM »
Yes it is indeed catchy @Paulski - and short!! Very clever lyrics and those harmonies are great! There are a few suggs re layering more vocals on Amnesia and I agree.. overall I think it fits the brief perfectly..

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 10:29:39 PM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - cheers Ian for the kind remarks. Yeah I'm going to have to replace that MIDI bass - any volunteers? Did I steal the bridge from Mr. Joel? Probably!  ;D Would be curious to know which song...

@adamfarr Thank you Adam. It was always going to be a fine line to walk - Amnesia is a serious affliction for some and I've given it a happy musical bass soooo....  ;D

@PaulAds cheers Paul I saw Frankie V and all the seasons back in the day. Awesome performance. My fav was "I've Got You Under My Skin" which is a Cole Porter song. "Uptown Girl" was a nod to them for sure. Probably all in nursing homes by now  :(

@shadowfax Thanks Kevin - always nice to get a thumbs up from you. Cheesy lyrics are my specialty which I hope to prove definitively in my next song.  ;D ;D

@Modestmouse1965/ thanks for that. That's actually hand claps but they do sound a bit harsh - gonna scale 'em back a bit. Cheers for listening and pointing that out.

@MonnoDB Thanks Karen. More layering eh - I'll see what I can do ;D

And a big thanks to everyone else who took the time to listen  ;D
Paul