Don't make me lie

• 17 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
Lyrics based on a Katie Wilson Poem.

Additional vocals Amanda Sanderson.

Katie's verse is a cry from the heart to let people be what they are,rather than fit what someone views as 'normal'. Let's just live our lives and not force anyone to lie,to be desperately unhappy,just to 'fit in'.

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/dont-make-me-lie

I know you don't understand
Don't make me lie
I'm tearing out my soul
Howling at the sky

I can't hide no more
Don't make me lie
Take me to a better day
Before I die

Please,please,don't make me lie

I'm not a man no more
Don't make me lie
I want everyone to know
I don't wanna hide

Please,please,don't make me lie......

Be yourselfDon't hideDon't lie to fit in

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
Heartfelt song! hope things get better for peeps in the kind of situation I think this song is referring too :)

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 02:50:49 PM »
@Skub @Girlinside - Really like this, the passion in the Vocal delivery along with the verse, is supreme, like the simple arrangement, it emphasises the message, lovely song and interpetation of lyrics.

Katie - thanks for words, how's the Guitar practise going? did you develop 'Where are you going Stranger?'

Rich

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:56:07 PM »
Davy,
Simple and heartfelt tune which builds on the two chords [ :-) solo apart] and all the better for that straightforwardness. Goes with the universal direct lyrics too.

Sounds catchy and strong as a result.  I think it would sound great live with the crowd joining in.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 09:39:25 AM »
Cool little number...nice use of Katie's lyrics and it builds excellently into the end playout chorus...which is a humdinger (as nobody seems to say anymore 😃)

Guitars and bass are impeccable.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »
A really strong set of lyrics from Katie here. Very heartfelt. I think that your vocals with Amanda work really well together and the use of the massed voices is particularly effective. There's some great geetar work as well which is pretty par for the course from you Davy  :)

Lovely track

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
Great song - love those words Katie.. that melody and layered vocals really bring them to life.. Love particularly (I don't know what to call this so bear with me) the "ho-ow-ow-ling"  etc at the first word of the last verse lines (snappy description, eh?! :)).. and the aahs...

Love your vocals together - they work very well.. Altogether a very impactful song and (as always) what awesome guitar work! Fab!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
I really like that line "don't make me lie" - it really encapsulates the song right from the outset.

I think the idea of a duet is really great idea given the theme of the song. Davy - I thought the vocals (and yours particularly) sounded a bit too "phasy" - maybe I'd back that effect off a little.

Catchy and effective song!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 12:20:53 PM »
A real heartfelt song, boy is this forum making me sad today! ;)

As folk have said, the lyrics are direct but really special. Voices go really well together and technically kept tight too.

The melody is strong throughout and the chorus is sing-a-long catchy as something like 'Hey Jude'. Could easily be a hit record this.

Faded out all too soon! :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 11:00:26 AM »
Howdy,

Well put together song.
The dynamics throughout are really good. Keeps lots of interest.
I could imagine Lennon doing this back in the day. A sing along like Give Peace A Chance.
Production is really good.

Digger

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 11:58:11 AM »
heartfelt and honest! Lovely duet on a beautiful song :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
This track feels like it has real soul - there's a weight behind it, a genuineness that feels quite rare.  It comes from the lyrics and the vocal delivery and the plaintive guitars I think.  Clever touch to use a male/female duet on it (especially the way Amanda takes over with the line "I'm not a man anymore").
It's all too beautiful.

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
Soulful and heartfelt. Great guitar work and vocals. I don't usually listen to this style of music, i don't listen to classical either but i do appreciate both. Well done guys and gals.
I didn't realize you had so many songs. What a great guitar player and talent you are. Was gonna have an early night for work in the morning but not by the time i have listened to your stuff. Damn you are good. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:30:42 PM by Modestmouse1965/ »

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Great feel to this track. Love the instrumentation. It's so accomplished. Fine vocals and guitars, including bass. I'm reviewing from my phone so maybe I'm wrong in saying the vocals might be a little loud in the overall mix. Still quality in all areas! What a bass sound!

Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
Hi Skub, lovely collaboration, very Lennonesque in the melody, harmonies and instrumentation. Made me think of 'Don't let me down' once or twice because of the harmonies and the emotional vocals. Super guitars and production, as usual! Felt a bit more Nashville than Belfast! :P 8)
Great stuff Davey
Cheers
Jamie