konalavadome

"Jill Bruce Springsteen and me" by Paul A and The Reflections

• 22 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 03:48:40 PM »
So many wonderful replies and compliments. @Younger Hills thank you my friend.

@tone thank you. I think a song can be so much more than the event that inspired it. All of our hardships, our dissapountnents and emotions that preceded the event are very much wrapped up in a song of this nature. Thank you.

@paulski, thank you my fellow 'Reflection.'

@Skub you have been the model collaborator. I knew this was in safe, safe hands with you. Thank you.

@nooms - my long-term collaborating partner, as always you delivered a beautiful vocal! Thank you.

@adamfarr You really seem to get what I am trying to do: the sincerity and depth of feeling in the lyrics and the emotion that I try to convey in the lyrics.

@MonnoDB thank you for your kind words.

@MichaelA  I'm so pleased that you have noticed how much attention has been lavished upon this production. Thank you.

@cowparsleyman I will say hi to Durham tomorrow and maybe watch the beautiful River Wear twist, tumble and race once again.

@Modestmouse1965/ thank you my friend and please, don't miss out on the new Springsteen album. One of my favourite albums for many, many years.

@PaulyX thank you so much. I am so pleased that you enjoyed this song.

@crystalsuzy you are too kind. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed listening.

@PaulAds, @nooms @Skub @Paulski @pompeyjazz @Neil C @Skub

I wonder if all of you gentleman would like me to write further material and continue this project. Answers on a postcard to Wicked Deeds.

Thank you all so much!

Paul

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
It's a real nice song Paul.

When I first saw you inviting PaulAds to sing this I was intrigued and I think you made a great choice there. He does it in some style...his voice and delivery suit the song so well.
The song title is also eye-catching....not immediately obvious but if you were running down a list of songs you'd stop at this one and wonder.

Fantastic arrangement and playing by all concerned and lovely harmonies by Noomsy and interjections by PJ.

Nice intro outro sandwich with the piano part though I'm not a massive fan of water or wind sound effects but that's my problem.

It's a great track. There's a little pop at 2.59.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
Whoa, a forum supergroup.

Fantastic how this has all come together. Hats off to you all.

Sounds great.

All of the elements just work.
Love the mournful harmonica.

So tasteful.

That's enough praise - need to feed my face.  :D

Quality.

Digger

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »

Wow guys....missed this one ;D .  Lovely arrangement/prod etc.  Great ears Paul ;D ;D
 Everything works so well together, and Pauls' vocal carries the mood perfectly.  Inspired ;D
 It did take me a few secs to connect....but once there, I was with you all ;D ;D

Mr. Skub makes that guitar cry like a baby, and the combination with the harmonica is made in
 heaven ;D .  I know I've told you before Paul....but, I just love the way you handle the strings in
 your work.  Have you ever done any classical stuff ?  Love to hear it ;D

Outstanding work guys.....blown away and stunned ;D ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 04:27:24 PM »
Brilliant collaboration guys, loved it! Can hear bits of all of you in this it's excellent.Great work guys, it's all very sympathetic , no feeling of anything being overplayed or out of place.
Terrific!

Cheers
Jamie

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 07:19:27 AM »

Thought I'd bump this one back up.....coz I love it ;D and I'm sure others do to.

It certainly deserves another go around

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 04:39:01 PM »
I'm glad you bumped this, @Binladeda ! I missed it until now, and it absolutely awesome! Wonderful! Gorgeous! Etc. I'd like to post it on my music page on Facebook. I haven't posted anyone for a while and this one deserves as much exposure as possible. If that's okay with you guys? @Wicked Deeds ... you can speak for everyone, right??

It's so amazing you guys can put something together like this without doing it in person. It sounds like a lot of work.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 11:08:20 PM »
Bin and Call, thank for keeping this song alive.  It was written in approximately 20 - 30 minutes and didn't go through any rewrites.  As the writer, I'm happy for this song to be reposted and I'm fairly confident the other guys won't mind either.

Thanks

Wicked