• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 02:00:01 AM »
Yeah this is decent. Great groove and beat

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 12:50:38 PM »
Looking forward to it, @Skub - yo  -you're spot on man, I know a hooky song when I hear one. Why not give some the ol'Skub prod magic on one of modest mouse's other tunes?

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »
I liked the clever guitar riffing and the chorus is very catchy - and well sung too.

Yeah, it's mainly production issues that are less favourable, but if you are a muso or a band, well then production experts can fix that, and you shouldn't worry about it too much for now. If you can write hook lines like are on show in this song, and all these clever vocal interplays, well that's where your talent lies. Well done!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
Thanks Michael. I appreciate your kind words.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »
A very cool song, mister mouse...sounds great as it is, and I reckon if you could beef up the production a bit...this would be a knockout. Vocals are really good...don't worry about them at all. New drums would probably yield a big improvement.

Your username reminded me of Churchil's comment about Clement Attlee..."a very modest man with much to be modest about" but it doesn't apply here. Churchill certainly wasn't my cup of tea. And Attlee was a great Prime Minister...zzzz

Joking aside...this is really great. I'll look forward to hearing the others...and the repeating end refrain is fab!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:38:33 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
Thanks PaulAds for your encouraging words. Makes it all worthwhile for me to be back playing and writing again.

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:12 PM »
This is right up my street. Funky, British, guitars, with a little bit of a Crazy Town vibe. Drums are good sounding and probably with a real drummer this would be on a another level.
You may be a little too much of a modestmouse...

Thanks Adam been listening to your stuff and so far The Meteor is my fave of yours.