Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Volcano (re-arranged version)

<< < (2/3) > >>

HappyDays:
Hey man, this one is really a well-produced song, and my comments would be ditto to what he others have said. Now, maybe this could be an idea, I don't know. But I think if you put in a rap verse from a rapping artist, it won't be like the cherry on top of this great sundae. Regardless of what you do, it's already amazing as it is!

Rocky

shadowfax:
Pop/rock at it's best my friend, you've just raised the bar again goddamnit!!! :o :o

pompeyjazz:
I really enjoyed the original Leo. Loved the @Jambrains added guitar. This is top quality work. You're vocals are outstanding and @Jambrains never fails to deliver with the geetar!

adamfarr:
Really like this version. I really liked the song in its previous incarnation, but this one supports the energy much better and keeps the mood and coherence.

"Don't wanna go volcano" is a great turn of phrase, love the concept.

MichaelA:
The song's got an epic feel to it and that cinematic feel you were hoping to achieve is there now. I had a quick listen to the old version, which I liked actually, but you've smoothed this version out in the mix and in the instrumentation so that it lulls you into the build a lot more easily. When the explosive guitars come in it is certainly like the volcano has erupted. Very convincing.

Those sweet harmonies at the end of the song are sublime and tantalising in that I wanted to hear more of them.

But yeah, it is great to sometimes leave a good song alone for a few months, then come back later on a fresh head and make it better. Great polishing in my view!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version