BBC Introducing

• 6 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »
I have just spent the last hour listening to my local BBC Introducing show on BBC Radio silent and must say that the vast majority of it was absolutely shite of the highest order. The quality of the songs on this forum is vastly superior to anything I've heard tonight.  Keep it up guys  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »
Hi John, I have sent a few songs to the BBC uploader which have had great feedback on here and elsewhere. But no plays on the radio.

When I was younger in a couple of bands, then radio play came a lot easier, including John Peel, Radio 1, plays and a session, and back then I didn't really care about local radio plays. These days I would love to be played just once on my local stations, Radio Lancashire and Radio Merseyside.

In my BBC Inroducing profile I admit that I am an older musician these days. And in these times of equal opportunity I don't think that should matter though if I am submitting some decent tunes. But I also know it's natural for the young to replace the old, circle of life and all that. But in historic times old musical troubadours sang on in their villages and towns until they dropped. Age did not come into it. And it inspires me to see on here, for instance, quite a few older guys and girls practicing on in mid life and beyond because music is so very much part of their nature, despite their age.

I think the odd 'oldie' spot on BBC Introducing would be refreshing and more reflective of who is making music these days.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:16:08 PM by MichaelA »
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 10:50:25 PM »
Where I live we are lucky to have "public" radio networks with many local stations. In my state there is a weekly show called "HomeBrew" where they play songs by anyone with a connection to the state, regardless of age--born here, lived here for awhile, went to school here. They play my songs once in a while. Got played a week ago, in fact, first time in several weeks, I think. I often miss the show. I have to catch it online, as I'm not close enough to the station to pick it up on radio.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
John is spot on, theres some beautiful music here, some not slickly produced, some not played like pros, some are sung out of tune, many folk don’t have much money to spend on equipment , nor want to,  some don’t have experience, nor time, nor ability  but the vast majority really are very good songs indeed.

A great song doesn’t need any of the above, it certainly can survive without bbc introducing.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
Listened again to it last night. To be fair there were a couple of pretty decent tracks. One which I listened to again but generally most of the stuff was repetitive,  synth and sample based stuff. Nothing wrong with that but.....

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 09:20:01 AM »
...But BBC introducing is brilliant for getting new artists inspired and giving them hope that they CAN be on the radio, it's all good, I'm kind of saying that the quality of songs here is very high.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
Having watched the BBC news and various other programs on the beeb (since returning from living in the Czech Republic) it seems you need to be a certain kind of person to succeed on the beeb nowadays.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!