konalavadome

24 Hour Emotional Breakdown Service

• 26 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »
Hey @MichaelA - this is very clever indeed! Vocal is delivered very well - challenging with a slow song (well, for me anyways!).. Another cracker from the King of Quirky!! Only thing I'd change is I'd leave off the final "My lovely one".. I think it would be stronger ending on the chorus.. but that's probably just me!

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »
So sweet. I never know what to expect from your songs, but I'm never disappointed and always listen to the end. You're a great songwriter with a unique style. You know how to use your voice, literally and figuratively.

Lynn

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Hi @MonnoDB, I must tell my wife I am now 'king' of something. She'll be delighted to start showing me more respect!  ;) thanks for the general encouragement , and I'm thinking over your ending suggestion...

Hi there @redrhodie , that review really encouraged me. Sometimes it seems hard to keep going with this when no real success ever seems to come. But the odd word of encouragement from fellow songwriters can really help in you believing in yourself more. So thanks Lynn. I might write another one now!  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 04:46:53 PM »
Michael, that's funny that you don't think you have real success. Your songs are consistently highly praised and often win song of the month. You're quite successful.

But I can see why you'd say that, because when you get that kind of praise from other songwriters, you must feel should be able to make a living doing this. I don't know why you're not. You should be.

Since the world is apparently not fair 🤔, I hope you just keep making songs for yourself and us. But mainly yourself, because there may come a time where most of the forum doesn't like one of them, or stops reviewing you for who knows what reason, and you shouldn't let that stop you. That might be the song that resonates with the powers that be. So I hope this helps. You have a unique talent. It would be a shame if you stopped using it.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »
Hi Lynn @redrhodie , thanks that is very supportive. In general the encouragement I have had on this forum has been fantastic and a real inspiration for me.

But yeah, you are partly right in that I wish I could do this for a living. But before that just a tiny bit of radio exposure or music critic endorsement would really add some momentum to my efforts.

Having said all that, I realise that it's hard to get a break regardless of how good you are, and even if I never win a wider audience - well I can't imagine a time I will stop producing songs, even if they become few and far between.

But thanks so much for your reality check!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 11:33:42 PM »
Listened to this a few times and love how different it is to anything i have heard. I get where wicked Deeds is coming from with the Jarvis Cocker reference (A great compliment) from him. Keep on going my friend, A hit from me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-335183051
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:36:33 PM by Modestmouse1965/ »

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 04:33:37 PM »
This is a beautiful song musically and lyrically and very touching too, I'm always impressed when a song can stir feelings in me and this did just that! Great work

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 03:43:44 PM »
Just to say thanks to @Modestmouse1965/ and @Darren1664 for these encouraging words.

BTW I've noticed people using their birth year in user names a lot. Well there's quite an age difference between the two of you. I couldn't help noticing!  ;)

Modestmouse1965/

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 08:44:36 PM »
Ha Ha sometimes i feel as old as Darren's number.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:12 PM »
@MichaelA,

Brilliant, individual style of writing. Engaging lyrics and beautifully emotional!

So very, very beautiful!

Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
Hi ,great melody, not a lyric that would normally appeal to me but i can see its very clever and beautifully delivered. Excellent song!
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie