Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

24 Hour Emotional Breakdown Service

<< < (2/6) > >>

PaulyX:
Really quite touching as well as funny. Liked it a lot... you’ve managed to make a ballad that rings true but still has one eyebrow raised, so isn’t cheesy. Clever.

Bostonfan2:
I love a good melody and this has that and clever well written lyrics....
curious how it would sound if you had taken the vox up on the end of "service" instead of back down....nicely done!!

crystalsuzy:
beautifully written ballad Michael :) I'd know your songs anywhere...they are so unique and usually quirky, in a excellent way :-* 
Bitter, sweet and very clever lyrics.  Love the organ and your vocals. Lovely melody and the chorus is very catchy...love the harmonies  8)
I think you cracked this 'ballad nut' very well 8)

adamfarr:
Feeling quite sad after this - poor narrator is clearly stuck in the friend zone, but what a brilliant friend to have, probably fixes everything (again) with unselfish humour.

I think you bring over that story and emotion really well, great balladeering. The harmonies around the hook are beautiful too.

MichaelA:
Hi to all who have taken the trouble to comment, it is mucho appreciated!

@cowparsleyman , yep I agree that M8 could take another vocal layer. Thanks.

@CaliaMoko , thanks and glad you were entertained, although that's difficult to do, ha ha. I didn't notice that sloppy pronunciation you pointed out, so thanks for that.

@Younger Hills , cheers for that, glad to have a happy listener  ;D

@pompeyjazz , if you're interested in the South Coast franchise for the Emotional Breakdown Service, then it's yours - and of course there is a uniform and a van all included! Thanks for the comments. The organ though is just a basic GarageBand organ with a bit of overdrive applied, and I use it quite a bit. I keep trying to write this Millenium's 'Whiter Shade Of Pale' with it, as I am kind of addicted to that organ sound. But no luck yet, although I will keep you posted.

Thanks @PaulyX , you are a bit of a subtle practitioner of clever lyrics yourself, so am glad to take these comments!

@Bostonfan2 , yeah thanks. Interesting point on the hook. The up bit is delivered by the harmonies. But we Northern English are too miserable to keep going up, sorry. We always have to come down! It's just how it is.  ;)

Thanks @crystalsuzy , all very kind of you. As you will know, it is harder to do slower Quirky I feel because the melody seems to stand out so much more with slow tempo, whether it is good or bad. I'm so glad you think I cracked I this time 🙂

Hi @adamfarr , thanks, but don't be sad. It is only a story!  ;) thanks for the positive feedback though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version