I'm on my way home

• 25 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:59:31 PM »
Hi guys, long time no speak. Thank you to all of you who have supported me during my difficult time. Have had an amazing time touring the UK in my old campervan and so lovely to catch up with  PaulAds in the North East. Nearly home now. Here's a deep and dark number....Listen to Everyone Has Something To Hide by pompeyjazz on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/everyone-has-something-to-hide

Lyrics to follow

Big love to all

John

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 06:38:45 AM »
Hi John, glad to hear you arrived safely after your Tour...

I’ll take a listen.

I would be interested in your tour diary...

Rich

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
I'm so happy to see you back, John. You've been on my mind, for sure.

What I noticed first about the song...well, I don't know if that's exactly accurate. What I notice about your songs in general is what a wide variety of styles and moods you can do. I'm so impressed by that, as I have tried more than once to vary my sound and failed.

I don't have any specific comments for this song, but I very much enjoyed listening to it.

Welcome home!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »
Great Elvis Costello vibe here. And Pompeyjazz style, like that unannounced (hidden?) organ. Your vocals are great on this - lots of emotion and love the presence in them. One of my favourite lyrics of yours too. Safe home, as they say.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »
Hooray... PJ is back 😃
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »
A mix of thoughts on the style went through my head listening to this. That drum track gives it a flavour that takes it somewhere away from being a straight ballad (as you've tagged it). The first short instrumental passage (guitar solo) at 1.20 made me think of some improvisation leaning band like Quicksilver Messenger Service or Grateful Dead...so....sixties..as was the middle eight bit at 2.30...bit Beatles-like change there.

Vocal sounding great as usual...a bit more of a stylised delivery here isn't it, or that might be just the pace. Nice backing vox too.

Grows on you big time this one. Guitar sounds super.

Good to have you back John.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 07:53:15 PM »
Great to have your return to the forum heralded by another super pomp's song...welcome back John. :) :) :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
Thank you all. I'm back home on Thursday. Just stopped off in Salisbury for 4 nights. A lot of Russian (tourists) around. Looking forward to getting back to the forum. Love to all, John

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »
Hey John
Glad to hear you're back.
Soundcloud won't let me play your song ATM:
There was a problem playing this track.
But I'll try again later
cheers
Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
WOW John! I think this is one of my favorites of yours so far :) Love the jazzy laid back style and the lyrics are equally intriguing(be nice to see them posted).
Awesome vocals and guitar as always, and very well produced  :)

I didn't know you were going through a difficult time, as I have been away from the forum dealing with my own shit, but I hope all is well with you now  :-*
It sounds like you're having a great road trip, but it will be nice to have you back on the forum asap  :-*

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 07:12:46 AM »
Hey PJ, welcome back. Great track to return with.  I particularly like the slightly skittering rhythm to it - it stays unpredictable.  Your voice sounds great in this slightly lower register than you normally work in.  Very sophisticated track with George Harrison-esque guitar licks.  I really dig it.
It's all too beautiful.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
John,
delighted you back from your travels and stuff. Been thinking about you.
Loving the jazzy infused backing, sways along with slightly wooziness. Very cleaver.
Liking the guitar, Beatle 8 and the ending too
And goes really well with the questioning lyrics.
no else needs to be said.
 :) :)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:08:13 AM »
What a privilege to listen to such a classy piece of music. We should be paying good money for it! Not normally my preferred style, but boy this was great. Welcome back John.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »
Hi John and I hope your trip provided you with some of the distraction nd reflection you would have needed.

Nice reintroduction to your work this, very inventive blues/jazz mash up with an imaginative Beatles-esque interlude. Sounding great, good tune Mr PJ! ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
Hi,
I still love your voice and the interpretation you give. There's always something going on. The song is good even if I prefer it when it is more raw in the accompaniment. Anyway, I'm admiring the way you manage to get out of it on different styles.

You're a good musician, actually  ;)

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189