Songwriter Forum > The Bar

forum ban

(1/2) > >>

Wicked Deeds:
This is a strange one.  I often access the forum via my smart phone.  My latest attempts are met with the following message:  "Sorry Guest. you are banned from using this forum.  Not following guidelines after warnings.  This ban is not set to expire."  I can't access the forum via my smartphone and I ca't login in no matter how often I try.  I haven't had any warnings and I haven't been misbehaving (honestly).  In fact, I haven't contributed to the forum for such a long time. I was able to login using a Mac Air note book.  I feel like such a rebel now!  :-)

Paul

Bill Saunders:
Hi Paul, don't worry the same has happened to me at least twice, and like you, I hadn't been misbehaving! That message is somewhat disconcerting isn't it?! It only happened on my phone. I think I cleared the cache and all was resolved, but I'm sure a mod will jump in and keep you right 👍.

Boydie:
Definitely not an intentional ban  ;)

Sometimes previously banned IP addresses get used, especially via mobile

I will check the logs but if you can give a date and time of when you have got the message, or try again and post the date and time, I will look in to it

Thanks

Boydie

tone:
Yep, this will be your network provider dynamically setting your IP for you, and you ending up with the same one that some naughty spammer has been caught with previously.

If it happens again, and you can still see this message, go to https://www.whatsmyip.org and you'll see your IP address in big text right at the top. Copy/ paste it into an email to myself of Boydie and we'll see you right :)

shadowfax:
er, I'm a bit confused, if I was suddenly banned without actually deserving it how would I get in touch with Tone or Paul when as a guest I can't see the emails or pm's under your avatar?...

scuse me if I'm being stupid which is what I seem to be good at lately ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version