konalavadome

Somewhere Inbetween

• 5 Replies

Killjoy

• Busker
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:54:52 AM »
Just a song from the heart. She left months ago but I still wake up just to miss her again. Sorry if it's a bit 'soppy'.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
Hi Jake
Nice song!
Love the piano work and the vocals.
Can you please post the lyrics?
It speeds up in places but other than that no nits from me.
Paul

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:54:29 PM »
Hi Killjoy, I was left feeling there's a really good song buried in here, but it's not poking through yet.  Your voice is obviously great, very expressive, and it sounds heartfelt.  The recording is pretty muddy though, I couldn't make out your lyrics for most of it, you sound a bit drenched in reverb and the piano sounds a long way from the mike.  I hope you re-record this and add some sharpness and some more production, sculpting it a bit more so that the choruses distinguish themselves from the verses.  All that said there is definitely buried treasure here, I hope you persevere with it.  Pauly
It's all too beautiful.

Andyb

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 04:49:57 PM »
I agree with Pauly there is definitely something there but just not quite nailing it. Piano is too reverby, something crisper and cleaner would be nice. I would also like to hear some drums and bass kick in around the 1 min mark just to keep the interest levels up and some embellishments either guitar or strings or something again just to add some variation along the way. You've done the hard part, you've written a good song just need to let the song breathe and come alive.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:51:50 PM by Andyb »

lillypilly

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:59:07 AM »
I would have liked to have seen the lyrics as it helps me digest the song and make a better informed reply to it, but one thing your voice is very cool on this
cheers
Lilly

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »
I think this a great written song! Its a mumford and sons feeling over it which i like! Beautiful minor in the chorus. The recording is as you say a bit sloppy and muddy but the quality the song shines through that.
Well done =)