konalavadome

Back again!

• 17 Replies

MonnoDB

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
Moody and lush - beautiful piece of music. I particularly love the section building around 5.18 - among other lovely parts. Agree that it didn't seem its own length. Holds the interest nicely. Lovely vocals and piano also. Look forward to hearing more!

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

Hi Kevin, pleased you liked the production, you are so on to when it comes to that stuff!

Hi Adam, glad i have an identifiable style (hopefully in a good way ;D), as you know i love to find new and different progressions so pleased you commented on them.

Hi MM, ill take a 10 anyway, thanks! Glad I held you till the end.

Hi Paul, yes I know it is slow. Thats why I worked on the production, arrangement, instrumentation, drums etc more than I have ever done before, as I knew it was a big ask to keep attention for 6.5 mins!Thanks for your kind words!

Hi Paul (WD's),you're very kind glad you enjoyed it, I love Paddy too! Would love to do something with you !

Hi M DB,Glad you enjoyed it, moody and lush was part of what I was aiming for!

Great comments guys, its appreciated!

Just one thought, and I don't think anyone picked up on it, obviously I like all the parts of the song ( :P), but for me the icing on the cake is the high chiming guitar that comes in at the start of the second verse and harmonises with the melody.It plays in unison through the chorus's and then comes back harmonising in the last verse too!

Cheers guys, thanks

Jamie

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 06:27:56 PM »
Wow!! That is a really impressive song mate. Glorious melodies that take unpredictable little twists and turns. I love how the piano supports the vocal in the verses, very pretty!😁👍🏻 in fact I loved everything about the backing track except for the drums, which were fine...but for my taste a little heavy for the track. I want bothered by the length of it (oi oi!!!!🤪) some songs should just be as long as it takes...however if you did fancy shortening it I could hear some easy enough places to end it.😁👍🏻

Mix wise (I'm listening on my apple pods) I just felt the vocal needs some more automation or compression as quite a few low phrases just get swallowed in the mix, there was also one instance I heard on the first "agains" where it was too loud.

Any hoo...it really is a track to be proud of mate and I hope my ramblings are of some use to you.🎶👊🏻🎶🙋🏼‍♂️