Humour is Anger (with it's makeup on)

• 22 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
Hey there Davey. Don't let it go to yer head but - great guitar work as others may have noticed :)
Profound lyrics (poignant?) too and vocals are natural sounding and fit like a glove.
BV's could be pushed back a bit still early on but could be just my old ears.

Good tune - keep 'em crankin'  ;D
Paul

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »
Sorry I haven't been about too much lately folks,life conspires at times,so just a quick thanks to those you listened and commented.  :)

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra
Many thanks Ian,so happy you enjoyed it!  :)

@PaulyX
Tropical and topical! I like it,thanks Paul.  8)

@Rightly
Thankya Rightly.  :)

@Inanité_sonore
Bowie,I take it! Sometimes I dunno when to shut up on the guitar,I live in a fantasy world where everyone digs guitar!  :D

@Andyb
Some eclectic comparisons right there,Andy. Thanks man.  8)

@cowparsleyman
Thank you very much Rich.  :)

@adamfarr
I dropped out some of the early harmonies,I do go overboard at times and need to be reined in! Thanks Adam.  :)

@Paulski
Profound,is it? I'm as deep as a puddle! You and Adam are right on the BVs,now amended. Thanks Paul.  8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 06:03:23 PM »
Skub,
As a beleagued member always great to hear your tunes, keep them coming please. Just jealous about your SC stats.

Anyway lots to like here. Nice space in the catchy verse and your lived in vocals, and then we get the uplifting 12 strings on the chorus. and a neat instrument piece and then some sub solo's :-)
I kinda get a bit of Travelling/Talkling/Wilburys/Heads in there somewhere, which is good thing!
Keep them coming.
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 01:07:09 PM »
Cracking stuff ,Davy...vocals are sounding really good here. And your guitar-ing is about as good as it gets.

Cool insight in the lyric too. A great listen!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »
Funky bass and background vocals. Love the guitar solo. Left me wanting more.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »
Fab guitar as others have said. This is a catchy one @Skub - great title (and lyrics)... very clever!! Great BVs... top notch production as always.. Quality stuff as I expected when I hit play!

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:47 AM »
Nothing not to love about this one @Skub  :-* Fab guitar, vocals and lyrics 8) love the harmony and really catchy melody  8)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »
@Neil C

Yo Neil,glad you liked it man. Ido like the way Jeff Lynne produced the Wilburys,so I'll take that as a massive compliment for sure! Love David Byrne too,though I don't hear any Talking Heads in the track. Re the soundcloud thing,I just do a lot of listening on there,so it's kind of a tit for tat job,I suppose.  :)

@PaulAds

Thanks Paul,the fact you enjoyed the lyric means a lot from a wordsmith such as yourself.  8)

@redrhodie

Well that's all you are getting while I'm still on my short song bender.   ;D Thanks Lynn.

@MonnoDB

Yo Karen,many thanks for the listen.  :)

@crystalsuzy

Thanks a lot CS.  :)