April AND May SOTM Competion Winners

• 13 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: June 29, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
They were interesting competitions which went right down to the wire. Indeed, only ONE POINT separated the top three in BOTH MONTHS - with others breathing heavily down their necks. That's how close it was.

Before I announce the winners, remind me never to volunteer for two months at a time again! Ever! Seriously, I WILL shoot you if you even remotely look like you're gonna suggest it. ;)

Now that's out of my system, let's get to the winners. The results are in (and double checked!) and the winners are:

APRIL

This one had an outright winner, albeit by a solitary point from joint second. But in the end, @digger72 won out with HOST. @MonnoDB with AS WE WAIT and @Paulski with TOO MANY MEN were oh so close.

MAY

This one had joint winners, again holding off next place by a single point. @digger72 with INDOCTRINATE and @Bankie with IN LOVE WITH MISERY were the top dogs here, holding off @Andyb with DEATH WAS A FRIEND by a whisker.

Congratulations to the winners and commiserations to everyone else. There were a lot of good songs to choose from. Thank you to all those who took the time to vote (especially if you didn't have a dog in the fight yourself). I'll let you know my personal views on the results later on...

Andyb

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »
Right that's it I'm throwing my toys out the pram !😂😂😂😂
Seriously though well done the winners ✌️

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 03:28:03 PM »
Well done guys👍👍

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:51:37 PM »
Wow, really appreciate the appreciation :) Can't believe it considering there were so many great entries. Thanks to all who voted; it's given me a real boost.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »
At least one person thought yours was the best of the month. I gave yours a 10 and honestly thought you would win.

Andyb

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
I really appreciate that man but I was genuinely chuffed to be nominated and in such good company. The standard was insanely good and no hardship coming 2nd to such great songs
At least one person thought yours was the best of the month. I gave yours a 10 and honestly thought you would win.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »
Grats to Stephen,Karen and Paul for the April comp,great songs folks.

Also congrats to Stephen,Bankie and Andyb,all great tracks and worthy winners.  8)

Big hand for Sterix who had the largely thankless task of herding two months worth of cats!   :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:55:20 PM by Skub »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 07:56:55 PM »
Well done all, especially Sterix, what a difficult job. Go and have a beer and snooze in the summerhouse, fall asleep dreaming of your No1single

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »
Well, shocked quite frankly. I honestly and sincerely thought there were better songs than ours.
But, really grateful for the vote of confidence.

Well done to all who took part, and indeed to those who may not have been listed. There's always a good selection of tunes to try and pick from.

All the best,
Digger

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
A big thanks to @Sterix for running two great comps...not an easy task I know. And congrats to the winners!👏🏻🎶👏🏻🎶👏🏻🎶😄

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 12:50:09 AM »
Thanks guys and gals.

So I said I'd give my take on the winners and here it is.

For May, Indoctrinate was my personal favourite (congratulations digger72 on joint top - cracking song), closely followed by In Love With Misery (what can I say - I love the 80s - congrats Bankie) and Freedom (I'm a metalhead and this one got my head banging real good).

For April, Glory Days was my stand out song. It just makes me feel so good when I listen to it and takes me back to my teenage years. Host was actually my second fave.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 05:26:16 PM »
...and @digger72 does it again (deservedly so!)
Well done everyone I say - I was honoured to be in the race.
Big thanks to @Sterix managing the crime scene with the patience of a saint.  ;D

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 09:35:42 PM »
Late to this party - have been away relaxing :) .. @Sterix thanks a mill for the mammoth task of taking on the two months (I don't know how you did it - I'm still traumatised by the selection process from January !).. Congrats @digger72 and @digger72 and @Bankie and to all the winners and the voters!!

K