konalavadome

Just Leave - collaboration with Chantal

• 10 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 27, 2019, 04:02:04 PM »
Couple of years ago I came across an acapella on some site by a singer from The Netherlands called Chantal and thought....ooh I like this so I knocked up a rough backing track...and finally we got it together.

So although Chantal has generously credited me with the music it's really all her work, lyrics and melody, and I just gave it somewhere to sit.

It's called 'Just Leave'

Chantal will provide you with the lyrics if you listen but I'll rustle them up later if anyone thinks I ought to.

Oh yeah forgot to say there are a couple of colourful words....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:10:20 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Andyb

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:46:52 PM »
A very commercial voice (I mean that in a good way) couple of wobbles on note transitions if I am being ultra picky but I like the rawness of that so doesn't lose any points in my book. Intro was a bit long for me found myself wanting to jump ahead to hear the vocal. Musically very accomplished. Love the upright bass

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »
Swampy jazz bar chic on display here... very nice indeed. Should be in a film noire. Bluesier than most of your stuff perhaps?  It sounded very authentic. 
PS I just read the movie title in your avatar image... never noticed it before... had me grinning. 😄
It's all too beautiful.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
A moody piece that works very well, my only crit is that the distorted guitar is often getting in the way of the vocal, I would move it more to the right a bit more, lower it's volume a bit and reduce it's higher frequencies a little...you'd still hear it but it would compliment the vocal rather than fight with it...IMHO :) :)

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:21:22 AM »
Agree with @shadowfax that the guitar is sometimes a bit too up front, competing with the vocals and I thing that nice double bass(?) could come up a bit but apart from that the mix is solid. Solid performance throughout, a great collab where 1+1 becomes 3 I'd say. Can we hope for more in the future? Well done both of you! Heck, I even dug the saxophone, an instrument I have a very complicated relationship ever since Baker Street  ;)

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
Nice n lazy, loved the impeccably recorded vocals, but do agree with the others about the EQ on the guitar. I'd also have liked some lyrics to read along to :p

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »
The others have covered the minor nits,so I'll just agree and say I thoroughly enjoyed the track VC. The girl can sing for sure,smokey and lazy vox.  8)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
shadowfax is right on da money there
still very enjoyable as it is.
nice job!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »
I often feel like swearing in songs, sometimes songs are literally crying out for a few expletives! But truth is you are basically blacking out all potential for radio play if you do that. And besides she sounds too nice to swear, ha ha!

It's a very radio ready vocal too, as it happens and the kind of melodic bluesy song that does break through now and again I actually liked that guitar accompaniment, plus the understated sax was a sweet embellishment.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »
Hi VC,

Yeh a very nice chilled vibe on the backing track, this lady has a super smooth vocal tone with lots of control.

I Hate to jump on the band wagon but I like the guitar in the BG just thought it took a bit from the vocal, But hey just my half penneth.

Really nice vibe though, top work by all, and don't do yourself injustice, It takes a lot of work to put a track together mix, etc.
I hate all this top line Boll*cks, a song is a completed piece of work, guitars, drums, vocals, lyrics and credit to all involved.

Cheers
Andy

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 06:37:55 PM »
Thanks for listening guys.
The message about the guitar got through loud and clear!
Glad even I couldn't make Chantal's vocal sound bad...just crowd it a bit! Great singer isn't she?

Andyb - Thanks man. The intro just had to be this long and that's it!
Pauly - Swampy jazz bar chic sounds good to me. Yeah....those anagrams....or near anagrams!
Kev - i did try your 'make room' track trick but clearly needs work.
JB - I think you're right about the bass....you used to be a bassist if I remember correctly so you must be right. Funny about the sax...and in Baker Street it plays a far different role of course. So that's 40 years of sax appreciation ruined by just one song....it shouldn't be allowed.
Bankie - Yeah lazy that's me....too lazy to transcribe the lyrics.
Skub - Thanks Davy...always rely on you for a like! Cheers!
Rightly - Glad you enjoyed.
Michael - Thanks. I think we're looking at a few Soundcloud plays and that's that....anyway the song's a bit long...
Andy - Thanks for the compliments...just really emphasising that it was Chantal who wrote the song as this is a songwriters forum. Yes the arranging, playing and all that jazz plays a huge part of course!

Cheers boys.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer