konalavadome

Remixing old songs with new plugins

• 0 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:46:39 AM »
Just to let you know I'm revisiting some of my songs from the last couple of years to see if any of the plugins I've bought since then, along with the experience I've gained since then from my 'Genre Jumping' quest improves them.

I've looked at Texas Twister, Lets play a game 1962 and Stay....

And I have to say yes they do sound cleaner and more detailed. On Stay the vocals were both bassy and sibilant and the same time...

I think there are 2 plugins that really helped here and they are both not too expensive.

Velo2 - Limiter

I've only had this a week or so and it was only 8.95 on plugin boutique, but this is by far and a way the best master buss limiter in my library, the only strange thing is that I use it in addition (I used to use the Waves L3 Stereo maximiser - that is brilliant too) to my normal master buss comps (either plugin alliance Townhouse or the Waves SSL comp), there's just something that just works...I really love it.

Noveltech Vocal enhancer

This is simple and very effective to process Lead vocals (usually these things focus of bringing out the uppmids and highs - for air), I've tried nectar elements2 (very very good for the wallop) and combinations of various optical comps+various EQ's but this seems to do the business very quickly, but it's just like cayenne pepper, you don't need much, it's all too easy to whack the dials up to half, when only a smidgen is enough, found this too on applying verb on the master buss, not much needed at all to make a big difference, try the Lexicon Native Reverb - so so natural.

Anyway as always, hope this helps