konalavadome

Lyrics on a Classical Piece

• 20 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »
I was just listening to this, it's one of my favourite Bach preludes...Excuse the rather patchy playing in places...

It occurred to me that there are some brilliant lyricists on here, I wondered if  anyone would come up with any words, I couldn't.

If you want to know why Goose Music....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:59:05 PM by cowparsleyman »

Dogmax

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
Classical eas man  8)  did you flow this in this in one track  8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
@Dogmax - Thanks for taking a listen, yeah it was a one take track. I love playing this, it's a guitarists dream.

I can't imagine anyone can put lyrics to it, but there are some really talented lyricists out there...I'm interested in what they come up with.

If you don't know about JS Bach, read up about him, now HE was rock n roll...

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 10:49:57 PM »
Great guitar playing man.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 12:00:26 AM »

If you don't know about JS Bach, read up about him, now HE was rock n roll...
And Scarlatti. And Mozart. Especially Mozart, oh my!

Dogmax

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 12:24:19 AM »
JS Bach what age was he when he compose this  8)

Listen again enjoy it even more  8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »
Thanks to all that took a listen, @RealKevM - Cheers, any ideas for some lyrics, you are always good with those... @Dogmax - No idea how old he was but how many Rockn Roll heroes could match this...

In 1706, he married his cousin Maria Barbara Bach. The couple had seven children together, some of whom died as infants. Maria died in 1720 while Bach was traveling with Prince Leopold. The following year, Bach married a singer named Anna Magdalena Wülcken. They had thirteen children, more than half of them died as children. but also when he wasn't doing that stuff he was doing this stuff...

Johann Sebastian Bach composed cantatas, motets, masses, Magnificats, Passions, oratorios, four-part chorales, songs and arias. His instrumental music includes concertos, suites, sonatas, fugues, and other works for organ, harpsichord, lute, violin, cello, flute, chamber ensemble and orchestra.

There are over 1000 known compositions by Bach. Nearly all of them are listed in the Bach-Werke-Verzeichnis (BWV), which is the best known and most widely used catalogue of Bach's compositions.

(My title BMW was a little tongue in cheek), I only have respect for the guy AND his Misusses, for any really talented composer these days, a successful Cantata would be simply the pinnacle of ones career, but this guy. WOW. No one hit wonder.

Another observation purely from an artists point of view, there are pieces that are difficult to play but not enjoyable, Bach's pieces are usually difficult but so wonderful to play, (Hendrix's "Castles made of Sand" is another wonderful piece to play)

@CaliaMoko - Cheers Vicky, I was never into Mozart, he was all too twiddly, and I've had too many Mozart Kuegeln in my life, it's just that face staring up at you...Arrrrgh

Anyway this post is about fitting lyrics to it, I can't see that it would work, hence the question, and if it can be done I would really admire the person that could pull it off. I bet there is a Bach equivalent of lyric writing that do do it, Half Man Half Biscuit lyricist maybe?

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 09:24:15 AM »
Yo CPM, beautifully played piece and thanks for the skinny on Bach. I knew very little about him... my piano teacher when I was a nipper used to say his stuff was good for left handers (which I am). Lyrics: yeah, tough. I listened to this 3 times trying to get a grip on it, I think the hardest thing wrt adding lyrics is the fluid structure... which is part of its genius isn't it, but the lack of repetition makes it hard to see where lines would live comfortably. Fascinating challenge though. If I come up with anything I'll ping them over.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 10:30:03 AM »
Whato @PaulyX - You made an excellent point about repetition, never thought of that, see I'm never a lyrics person, never was, and my hat is already off to you Sir X.

Maybe Rap/HipHop (that would alleviate any need for trying to fit to the melody...)

Dogmax

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 10:57:05 AM »
This is definitely a challenge for the lyric section can you free download thanks  8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 12:54:38 PM »
@Dogmax - The Goose is on the Loose (I mean it's now downloadable) Good Luck

Rich

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »
@Dogmax - The Goose is on the Loose (I mean it's now downloadable)
I downloaded it and may, if I get time, see if I can do something with it. Sounds like Dogmax may as well. ?? A nice little melody came to me for the first 7 measures, no problem, but it'll take more work to get beyond that, and I have a couple other, time-consuming, projects going, so it'll have to wait. I hope to hear something from Dogmax or someone else in the meantime, though!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 04:26:33 PM »
@CaliaMoko - goodness you’re so talented Vicky...

Dogmax

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
@Dogmax - The Goose is on the Loose (I mean it's now downloadable) Good Luck

Rich

Okay Rich the goose is now loose in my head, never had a goose loose in my head before few other things loose alright but never a goose  ;D  hope you get something Vicky looking forward to hearing, will be able now to have a few listens and see what i can come up with thanks Rich   8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 09:05:06 AM »
Well Well, this could be the beginnings of a 'Sonny and Cher' or ' Renee' and Renate' duo @Dogmax and @CaliaMoko , who knows...

Can't wait to hear what you craft. I can hear Johann stirring in his grave...