konalavadome

Daydreaming Again

• 5 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »
Hi, this one is a bit different from me, it's a bit of a rock tune called 'Daydreaming Again'. Some help with the drums and production from the talented @cowparsleyman :)

Yeah i'm limping but i'm walking along
The ships been single since you've gone
I'll pretend that things are ok
You wouldn't have it anyways

There's one thing I can't erase
Close my eyes I see your face

Here's my soul go on take it
Just know that life won't break me
I'll take my time this go around
Yeah i'm fine, i'm safe i'm sound

I'm daydreaming again
I'm not meaning to offend
I'll just say that things are ok
You wouldn't have it anyways

There's one thing I can't erase
Close my eyes I see your face

Here's my soul go on take it
Just know that life won't break me
I'll take my time this go around
Yeah i'm fine, i'm safe i'm sound

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
It's quite an off kilter listen Kev, lots of things seem out of time with each other. The drums seems to almost be from a different track!
It's got the feel of listening to some of the looser post-punk bands, with a little touch of sonic youth on there.

It's got a vibe about it and I like your vocals but they are so far back they are hard to hear.

Where you going for a pure rock thing or something more post punky? It's hard to be constructive in commenting if we don't know what you are aiming for is all...

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 10:42:13 AM »
HI thanks for having a liste, I was going for a raw alt rock vibe but I can listen back now and hear it's a bit too raw and a mess in places :(

Here's a stripped back acoustic version i've just recorded. I think it's a really good song I just need to decide what vibe i'm going for and to be more of a perfectionist when it comes to recording.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »
Hi Kev,

I didn't think the electric version was off-kilter or out of time. There again I like Sonic Youth so it may be just me.

I agree the vocals are too low in mix and get buried by the guitar and drums. I prefer the electric version to the stripped back version, even with the buried vocal.

You're right its is a bl**dy good song.

Keith

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »
I agree this is a damn good song @RealKevM! :) As I have a love for songs being played acoustic, I kinda liked the acoustic version best, cause your voice came more through on that version, with just you and the guitar. The electric version is good too but felt both your voice and the emotions of the song was more highlighted in the acoustic version.

Anyways, nice job on this one Kev, the lyrics are splendid :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
@diademgrove Thanks man, i'm happy you liked it :)
@Younger Hills Thanks mate, it took me a while to be able to play it well live/acoustically with the chords being all over the neck.