Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

4Below - Son of a gun

(1/4) > >>

Andyb:
Here's my new track folks - I'm going to be honest I don't think it's the best song I have ever written but it was a bit of fun and has a cool outro
lyrically there are a fair few swear words in it so if that's not your thing then best avoided. Again all done with my bass as usual.
Lyrics are in the video

PaulyX:
I really really like this one!  The fuzzy, clipped bass playing is top notch... it's a bit more indie to my ears than some of your stuff, and I like that a lot!  Fans of Muse or QOTSA or Royal Blood would like this I think.  The "Hey" samples are great too and I love the way the rhythm kind of falters under the parts where you say "Son of a gun is my battlecry".  Super step up in tempo towards the end too.  I would question your judgment that it might not be your best song... I think it is right up there.

Dogmax:
It this all your own work if so really great but hey man i'm a bit disappointed, i had imagery of a great band on stage also i guess that with your video (didn't read your intro) your video for me does nothing for your song throw up some live bands that this song connects too mute them and add your song, cool rock man really great  8)

redrhodie:
I listened to this while at work today, so I didn't watch the video, but I really liked it a lot. Excellent bass. Love your voice. Lyrics sounded great, except son of a gun seemed a little tame compared to some of the other words. But that's a totally minor knit picky thing. It's a great song.

Andyb:

--- Quote from: PaulyX on June 10, 2019, 10:09:03 PM ---I really really like this one!  The fuzzy, clipped bass playing is top notch... it's a bit more indie to my ears than some of your stuff, and I like that a lot!  Fans of Muse or QOTSA or Royal Blood would like this I think.  The "Hey" samples are great too and I love the way the rhythm kind of falters under the parts where you say "Son of a gun is my battlecry".  Super step up in tempo towards the end too.  I would question your judgment that it might not be your best song... I think it is right up there.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the kind words man... the song is growing on me lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version