Protoss Deathball

• 11 Replies

Sunduta

• Busker
« on: June 01, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »
Hello :) Few months ago I was waiting for inspiration, expecting something like girl or great adventure. Eventually I realized, that I spent this time mostly by playing Starcraft 2 as Protoss (alien species). With this song I wanted to celebrate their greatness and chivalry. Deathball is common strategy played by most of Protoss players, strategy poor Terrans and Zergs cry about.

Unfortunately there is no improvement in song structure since last song. This track was already finished when I posted previous one and received advice how to make it more varied and heated. Only I changed synth and drum kick sounds in last few days.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:17:38 PM »
Not my area, I don't really do games and I don't do instrumentals (so far, anyhow), but I definitely enjoyed listening to this.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
Very good indeed, lovely ideas, trance is a challenge to bring home ...btw the last computer game i played was space invaders (pub table) in 1983 pretty exciting it was too, super sounds eeeh uurrrgh eeeh urrgh and it got faster the closer you got to winning.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »
I think it's great that you found inspiration in a game.  I confess, I have no idea at all about it... but it makes for a cool title.  This song is beamed in from another universe to the one I am familiar with, but that's cool... it has its own, ultra-high-energy whacky logic.  Nice one... especially the hyper-active bassline.  I pity the Terrans and Zergs.
It's all too beautiful.

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
Thanks for kind comments guys. My songs probably belong rather into trance/techno forums, still lot of talented musicians and nice people here :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »
Yo Jibbek.

I really dig the energy in this one,relentless and very busy,I can well imagine it suiting the frantic world of gaming!

Nice one man.  8)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
Well I have to admit I quite like this track.
I feel unauthorized to critique it.
There must be a market for it, gamers are on the rise.

I like the sounds and the choice of instruments. 
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »
That's intense! Like the rise around a minute in that takes it up notch.

Felt the handclaps a bit monotonous, could vary things up a little there.

I do like the clearing of the sonic texture towards the end as well.

What do you see this as? Game soundtrack music?

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »
Hi Jibbek
While I cant say that this trance is anywhere close to what I would normally listen too, it certainly fits the computer game world that you described. It actually made me feel a little tense (in a good way) while listening at my desk! It took me back to the late 80s, when I was messing about with ZX Spectrums, Orics and Amigas!

James

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 08:09:20 PM »
Wow!! this is pretty awesome...luved it..just thought the clappy thing was a bit loud but apart from that...yeah!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 09:57:15 PM »
Hey there, ain't it great where we can get our inspiration from?? I need to play that game, I've heard a lot of good things. I can definitely hear this being used on YouTube in the background as we watch the game being played and dominated by  a bunch of annoyingly good ten year olds!!!😂🤣 Well done mate. It held my interest the whole way through, good energy and u changed it up at the right times. I just wasn't too crazy about the "clap" (snare) but that's a personal pref.😁🎶👊🏻🎶

Girlinside

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:09 AM »
I like it sounded very 80s to me - when stuff like this was all the rage -