Oh Delilah (why did you have to go)

• 18 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »
Hi Lynne. After a few listens I've become quite fond of this song. The chorus in particular is a real earworm and I've found myself humming it over. I'm also getting the shoegazing vibe and although shoegazing is not my thing (I just don't get all the fuss over MBV) I can also detect faint traces of Spiritualised, Flaming Lips and maybe even Sonic Youth. Which makes the song much more appealing to my taste. Would be good to know who you view as your influences. I'm curious?

Wow. I'm impressed. Usually we get compared to a bunch of bands I don't even like, but you nailed it. Great ear, Micky.

Cop Shoot Cop by spiritualized is one of my favorite songs. The Soft Bulletin by the lips is one of favorite albums, and if you look on our website, you'll see a painting Keith did of Kim Gordon. There are too many other influencers to start naming, but I'm amazed you got those three.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
Hi Lynne. After a few listens I've become quite fond of this song. The chorus in particular is a real earworm and I've found myself humming it over. I'm also getting the shoegazing vibe and although shoegazing is not my thing (I just don't get all the fuss over MBV) I can also detect faint traces of Spiritualised, Flaming Lips and maybe even Sonic Youth. Which makes the song much more appealing to my taste. Would be good to know who you view as your influences. I'm curious?

The song has elements of Hendrix and The Beatles as well as the three you mention. Sorry for replying but I've presumed I was included in the question.

Glad you liked the song and couldn't get the chorus out of your head.

Keith

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Hi Lynne,

Hmmm...a bit of a tricky one for me. Aspects I like are your voice and the ethereal backing. Also the Delilah hook is great. I'm not so sure I like the freewheeling structure and the song lacks melodic cohesion on the verses. Having said all that, it is original and beautiful to listen to so overall a thumbs up from the Devon jury!

M

Girlinside

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »
Interesting song , I like the chorus - as a none musician it drifts around and seems to become whimsical- your voice grows on me - I think I will add this to my songcloud playlist-
It sounds like it could be played in opiom drug taking dens ( hope you offended ) it’s cool xxx