Little Rabbit

• 14 Replies

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
  • Shaping the air into beautiful sculptures.
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
Hi guys! :D

Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed listening to so much new music this week on the forum. I've missed you guys!

Well I'm back with a new one, echoing the style of my previous entry.

I've had a dreadful year of depression which I'm now out of! The result is that my music has taken a drastically different turn nowdays. Anyone who remembers my early posts will remember that I mainly wrote folk.

Anyway, this is my third ever song made using analogue synths. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Lyrics:

Hop, little rabbit hop.
Hop my little friend, hop.

V1
Oft' a little squeal or a scoff.
A little red welt on the spot.
When I whip you, you hop
Hop little rabbit, hop.

V2
I burned a scar with a smoke.
I burned a scar of my own in your hopes.
Hop oder ich beiße dir den Kopf ab
So just hop, little rabbit hop.

Hop, little rabbit hop.
Hop my little friend, hop.

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 08:15:10 AM »
@David Christy Jones - Creepy sense of forboding to start, love the Vocals, really cool and retro, completely matches the vibe. The Analogue synths sound perfect with the old early drum machine sound.

Love the incidental fills going on in the back.

Very nice work David.

You should just bite the rabbit's head right off anyway.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:15:52 AM »
Excellent sense of foreboding throughout, great vocals and lovely burbling synths.
No idea what it is about but enjoyed it very much :)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
Yeah. This is quality. Great lyrics. Intriguing slightly obtuse. The general ambience of the song is very immersive. It's not going to ever feature on radio 1 which is a very good thing. Well played especially as this is a new venture for you musically

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »
Excellent sense of foreboding throughout, great vocals and lovely burbling synths.

It's about the fun you can have with soimeone if you include Sadism and Masochism :P (Sorry for being up front, I don't know how else to put it!)
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:48:42 PM »
@David Christy Jones - Creepy sense of forboding to start, love the Vocals, really cool and retro, completely matches the vibe. The Analogue synths sound perfect with the old early drum machine sound.

Love the incidental fills going on in the back.

Very nice work David.

You should just bite the rabbit's head right off anyway.

Can you explain your meaning of incidental fills? It's an intruiging phrase i've not heard before.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
Hey David.

I'm glad you are out of the tunnel and soldiering on.

This is a big departure for your music and is a fascinating listen. Could be on the soundtrack of Donnie Darko!  8)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 10:38:18 PM »
Very intriguing sound @David Christy Jones .. dark and just how I like it.. Haven't come across your work before - must check more out (including your folky stuff). Nicely done!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 08:22:13 AM »
Hi @David Christy Jones - Glad you've surfaced safely...The incidental fills - well on the first hearing I thought there were more low key vox going on, but on the next listen they seem to be aaah's and sort of cries...hardly incidental fills, youre right ...of course.

Maybe the Rabbit is with the Hamster David?

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 10:55:48 AM »

It's about the fun you can have with soimeone if you include Sadism and Masochism :P (Sorry for being up front, I don't know how else to put it!)

That'll be the sense of foreboding then! What's the safe word again?   ::)

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »

That'll be the sense of foreboding then! What's the safe word again?   ::)

Banana.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Wow, that is dark! It's a menacing song which you have chosen to create, and you clearly have the skill to create that mood both instrumentally and in the lyrics too.

Interesting and quite unique style with the retro synths and drum machine. Short and sweet in structure. I'd have liked the rabbit to have got his own back by the end, poor thing!  ;D We will have to have a sequel now!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 08:52:11 PM »
Very cool.  Firstly. the time signature.  What is it?  Maybe something very normal but it sounds like it isn't... particularly when that main synth riff is going on near the start.  It loops in a strange and refreshing place.  Secondly, the vocal treatment and delivery comes in like a big surprise ... it sounds distant, lo-fi, like you were on a 1920s microphone almost - which is a killer contrast to the synths.  Delightfully weird work.  What does the line in German mean?
It's all too beautiful.

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2019, 03:53:14 AM »
Very cool.  Firstly. the time signature.  What is it?  Maybe something very normal but it sounds like it isn't... particularly when that main synth riff is going on near the start.  It loops in a strange and refreshing place.  Secondly, the vocal treatment and delivery comes in like a big surprise ... it sounds distant, lo-fi, like you were on a 1920s microphone almost - which is a killer contrast to the synths.  Delightfully weird work.  What does the line in German mean?

Thanks for the critique my man :D
It was really held back vox because this vocal track was actually just the guide I was laying as a rough idea to be developed from. My family were just outside my studio too, and the lyrics are a bit odd so I was trying to be unheard. Then I ended up liking it. The german lyrics mean: "Hop or I'll bite your head off" by the way
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Hey

I really enjoyed your earlier stuff so excited to see some new songs pop up from ya.

New ones have been really interesting and peel a few more layers under the skin. Lot more atmosphere but at no cost to enjoyable listening.

Glad to hear you're on the better side of a bad spell.

All the best,
Scott.