Ashes for Dreams debut album (and CD has now arrived)!

• 10 Replies

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« on: May 25, 2019, 08:22:10 AM »
This very day 3 years ago @MonnoDB and I released our first collab song, the duet Lie With Me.

This very day 2 years ago we released our first song as Ashes for Dreams.

And today we are extremely happy to announce the release of our first Ashes for Dreams album, Cut You Loose!!!

All 12 tracks have been reviewed by the fine people of this forum at some point, changes have been made esp to the 'older' songs and I'd like to say "Thanks!" to all of you who have given feedback.

Find Cut You Loose on your preferred streaming platform here: https://snd.click/oFa4dS

If you would like to buy a digital download, head over to https://ashesfordreams.bandcamp.com/releases

A CD version will be available shortly as well, watch ashesfordreams.com for updates about that (and other news as well)

Once again, thanks for all support and input during these years, we could not have made it without you!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:37:52 PM by Jambrains »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
Dear Both- your songs have ignited my smile and i can change told me that the best songs are not necessarily in the domain of the commercial beasts...

I have missed your work @Jambrains but i will be checking out your album, all the best with it.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:56:28 PM by cowparsleyman »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
Bought!

The very best of luck Johan and Karen,I hope it sells a million.  8)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:28:28 PM »
An admirable achievement to get this out. I have checked it out on Spotify and although I am familiar with most of the songs, that last track where you are both singing together was great, and a new find for me. I think you should sing together more often!

Good luck with this, and when you get your physical CD out I would like one. plus it would be great if you could share with us how you did it all! Well done.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 03:14:41 AM »
Got my copy! Congratulations!

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 08:10:43 PM »
@cowparsleyman: thanks for the very kind words  :)

@skub: thanks a mill for all your support, if my memory serves me you have been on this ride with us from the very beginning!

@MichaelA: thank you, I'll give you a heads up when the CD becomes available. What would you like to know more about? The actual CD production, the creation of the songs? Let me know and I'll do my best. Glad you liked the duet, it was the song that started it all. I can image doing more in the future. When we launched Ashes for Dreams 2 years ago (exactly one year after Lie With Me) it was also a duet, you can find it here https://soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams/love-gone-cold

@CaliaMoko: thank you! I hope (and believe!) that you will find as much joy in listening to it as we had making it  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 12:16:58 PM »
Hi @Jambrains. Did you remaster everything to get consistency?

Main question is how did you go about the CD production. I would like to do this but not sure who to use and what you have to send whichever company you choose.

Cheers!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
Yep, congrats guys, really good collection of songs. I found you on Deezer and was listening on repeat driving down the M4 at 4am this morning... some good driving tracks on there. The first and last tracks are the absolute standouts for me (yes, the duet works a treat) but it's all top quality. Hope it does really well for you.
It's all too beautiful.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 10:47:19 PM »
I'd like to add my thanks guys for listening and grabbing copies... How lovely of you... Thank you!  And as @Jambrains says - for all the support and feedback song after song..  Much appreciated..

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 09:46:07 PM »
And now the physical CDs are ready as well!
Available on ashesfordreams.com if anyone is interested. All details / streaming links there too :-).
Again thanks for all the support!!

Hi @Jambrains. Did you remaster everything to get consistency?
Main question is how did you go about the CD production. I would like to do this but not sure who to use and what you have to send whichever company you choose.
Cheers!
@MichaelA, we remixed the older songs to get them up to par with the newer ones and since my workflow involves mixing with stuff on the master bus the line between mastering and mixing is blurred. I actually don't see them as two distinct activites as some do. Can't say I specifically tried to match them for the album but I think they are about the same level nevertheless.
Since we did not want to be stuck with tons of CDs (min order seems to be 50-100) we're using Artglider.com that manufacture and ship on demand.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 10:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the tip on artglider @Jambrains  :)