konalavadome

Videos ?

• 1 Replies

Andyb

« on: May 20, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
just when home recording becomes affordable and produces amazing results it would seem you need to be spending your hard earned on videos. Does anyone else agree videos /visuals are just as important as the music these days? Personally I don't really want my boat race all over youtube (likely to lose more fans than gain any). Ive just started to get in to producing lyrics videos for my tracks. It would appear they are getting a lot of listens especially as you can embed them in social media so as people scroll through their feed they can listen to your music (however briefly) rather than click through to another site (soundcloud etc) which I have found people are reluctant to do

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:10:07 AM »
I agree that videos are very important. In this age of social media and instant gratification I think it's very important that if someone wants to get their music heard/people interested in them, a playable embedded music video on instagram & facebook is the way to go. I heard some great advice the other week and that is that most people aren't into music like we are. Most people like the odd song they hear and maybe a fan of a big established artist. So in that respect, a short, eye catching video would work. As for videos, i've yet to put one together , I wouldn't know where to start, I think a cheap option would be to try and get a film student to do one for free.