Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Bottle Top Song

(1/3) > >>

habiTat:
Hello everybody sorry I have not been here for the last 4 years but I've had children and lots of work to do thought I just call by and say hi wrote a song tonight, it's a bit ropey, I'm not gonna lie, just felt like giving it a try again. I hope you like it x

Bottle Top Song
By John B

Where are all the birds?
Where are all the bees?
Dawn is quiet now
What happened to the trees?

Paradise isle
But mile after mile
Of sand is littered now
It's been there for a while

They went to the deep
Down to the abyss
To find something clean
Instead they found this

Bottle Top
And a bag from a faraway shop
Bottle Top
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Where are all the birds?
Where are all the bees?
Dawn is quiet now
What happened to the trees?

cowparsleyman:
Whato - Really dig your voice absolutely spot-on lots of emotion and appropriate feeling and drive in the song completely matches the vibe superb work.
I felt there was potential to put some Beatles type of movement towards a pre-chorus or a chorus.
Other than that great piece of work With a lot of potential

Not ropey at all I’ve had plenty of stems sent to me nowhere near as good as that

alcapone_dudu:
Very cool song, John. You've got something there. In my opinion, you just need some arrangement and production. Really liked the melody.

Well done!

redrhodie:
Love this. Great start. Reminds me a bit (genre, not sound) of Where do the Children Play, and also a few things from Talking Heads. I think the chorus could use more lyrics rather than the repeat, and there should another verse or two. Beautiful voice you have there. I hope you're getting your mojo back and finding the time to write again.

Lynn

RealKevM:
Really strong vocals mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version