Slava B. - Freedom

• 11 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« on: May 16, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »
Hey guys,

Here is my latest work in Drop C Tuning.Would love to know your opinions please.

Thanks for your time in advance.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

Lyrics :

Verse 1

I went outside,inside my body
To stay alone and keep me quite
I want presence of my own world
Dont you restrict me where to go

As my heart want still some beating
And still some shaking upon emotions
Its all i got,uuuooo god
I dont ask much, Just please dont touch

Verse 2

Its come again that lonely feeling
The time has come, to make things happen
My blood is pumping, and pumping hard
To try keep up, with daily targets

release my soul, release my eager
Lets get away before exploison
Towards the way, where river flows
And flows the way, the way we go.

Chorus

Whiskey is coming inside me
Smoke is coming from outisde
Brain not working and not thinking
Fun has come,dont stay outside

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:05:40 PM »
I always look forward to your tracks Slava.
Nice big energy in this one. Slightly mental as usual!
I like the combination of the high pitched synth and the snarling guitars.
Towards the end I couldn’t hear what you were singing - it sounded like “Please don’t spend my life in Waitrose” but I’m sure it must have been something else...
The end was great though - POWERFUL.
Great work sir.
It's all too beautiful.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »
Yo SlavaB.

Love those crunchy guitar tones. I have a soft spot for Rammstein and your vocals always remind me of Till Lindemann.

Keep on rockin' man.  8)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:57:21 AM »
Hi Slava.

agree with Paul x . Love the energy and eccentricity. The overall sound feels like a really cool fusion of Prog rock and metal but you have a unique take on it. The highlight is that crunching guitar but you do a really good job with the rythm in support. Very enjoyable listen.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
I love 80s pop. Love heavy guitars. Love this song!

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
I always look forward to your tracks Slava.
Nice big energy in this one. Slightly mental as usual!
I like the combination of the high pitched synth and the snarling guitars.
Towards the end I couldn’t hear what you were singing - it sounded like “Please don’t spend my life in Waitrose” but I’m sure it must have been something else...
The end was great though - POWERFUL.
Great work sir.

Hi PaulyX, thanks for reviewing . At the end I sing "Please don't save my life for later" . I appreciate your opinion.

Yo SlavaB.

Love those crunchy guitar tones. I have a soft spot for Rammstein and your vocals always remind me of Till Lindemann.

Keep on rockin' man.  8)

Hi Davy,

Thank you very much. Being compared to Rammstein or Till Lindemann is a complete honour for me, as they are the ones who influenced me to start writing music.

Hi Slava.

agree with Paul x . Love the energy and eccentricity. The overall sound feels like a really cool fusion of Prog rock and metal but you have a unique take on it. The highlight is that crunching guitar but you do a really good job with the rythm in support. Very enjoyable listen.

Thank you sir.

I love 80s pop. Love heavy guitars. Love this song!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 02:43:36 PM »
This is super piece of music @SlavaB I like the contrast between the arp synth and the heavy heavy guitars with the sub bass rumbling in the background. Your production is mighty fine and it well and truly kicks you in the nuts. A great rocking track

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »
Really nice piece, love the contrast of the tinny synths and heavy guitars, is really effective.

Before I had read anyone else's comments I was getting "Please don't save my life for Waitrose". I think that says more about me, than the song :)

All worked really well for me, kept changing to engage my interest and zipped along and I enjoyed every bit. Super :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »
@SlavaB - i really nearly love this but theres a few things that sit uneasily, i think it’s in the arrangement certainly not the playing or the concept, can’t put me finger on it, but it’s worthy of further developments, its so close...sorry Slava I’m not really helping here...

What i love about it is that you are creating your own style, and that takes vision and courage. When i heard it i thought typical SlavaB very handy for radio...

Great vision Mr S

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »
I always like your songs. The synths remind me of Vince Clarke, and are really fun. I can picture the disco. I'd go there.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
HI Slava,

Great song lots of energy. The synths have a real 80s feel and your vocals are really dark.

An enjoyable listen

Sandeep

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 03:26:58 PM »
Ok, I need to be Jekyll and Hyde for this one because I have dual opinions at extreme ends. I'll start with the bad.

Really hated the singing. The double-tracking is way off in places and over-powers everything else. I guess some people like the style, but it's not for me.

Really LOVED the music. The sound of the guitars is awesome and goes fantastically well with the synth. The production on the instrumentation is great and the arrangement is spot-on with everything well balanced (except the vox).

With different, well-produced singing, I would still be listening to this on a loop right now.