The Spring Quest - Results are in!

• 12 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »
After some last-minute calculations and re-calculations, we have the results. Votes very evenly spread but the clear winners were....

1st Eastern Eyes (Pompeyjazz & NeilC) (was the first song posted and always going to be hard to beat!)

2nd Green Light (Viscount Cramer) (almost the last song posted I think, so what do I know?!)

3rd Exotica Erotica (NeilC) (him again - please can I be in his team next time?)

4th Yamanote Sen (PaulyX) (now that's what I call exotic)

5th Secrets (Skub & Paulski) (now that's not what I call exotic - but hard to ignore or forget)

T'was a good one indeed! Thanks to all entrants who made it so hard but fun to choose, thanks to everyone who voted (do I have to say that anyone can vote?), and thanks to the forum for existing.

Cheers
Adam & Martin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:12:24 PM »
Congratulations John and Neil...and everyone else too!

Some great music to enjoy.

Big thanks to Martin and Adam for organising.

It was great just to be part of it!

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
Big CONGRATS to Neil and John - what a song! and what a production!
Also well done for the other podium standers :)
Great bunch of songs by a great bunch of folks :)
Thanks Skub for getting me on the list despite my minor contribution :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
Big congrats to John and Neil... a very deserving winner.  A BIG track that blew the proverbial socks off. Cheers Adam and Martin for the stewardship.
It's all too beautiful.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »
First class song from PJ and Neil. Had us all struggling from that first entry!

Thoroughly deserved to win it. Well done boys!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 01:08:31 AM »
Kudos to the winners and it was a lot of fun, even though I wasn't able to participate much. Next time....

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:59 AM »
Thanks everyone and John, good fun working with you. Very chuffed and well done Adam and Martin.

I think I'm going to go and lie down now..

:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »
Hey Adam and Martin,many thanks for all of your hard work herding the forum cats!  ;D

A big congrats to Neil and John for the win and to everyone else for taking part. There was some depth of song craft in this one,for sure.

I'm pleased Paul and I made it onto the leader board,my remit for the song was more than a little sketchy to say the least! Arm well chanced. ;D

The whole comp is a fine showcase of the great folks we have writing songs in this little corner of t'interwebz.

Be rightly proud of your bad selves.  8)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Wow ! Thank you so much everyone. I've been off the radar for a while due to domestics. A  huge thanks to @adamfarr and @Martinswede for getting it together and everyone who got involved. Personally I've loved listening to all of the contributors. And of course a huge thank you to my fellow Hampshire Hog @Neil C for his wonderful production and patience after I bombarded him with multiple ideas. Next competition idea anybody ?

Thank you once again. See you at the after show party 8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 12:11:55 PM »
Congrats to all the winners and all those who participated  :) Some fabulous songs came out of this comp, so a BIG THANKS to Martin and Adam
for running such a fun challenge  :) :) :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »
Thank you all!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 02:02:58 PM »
A belated congrats - due to hols - to the winners and all participants in this, plus well done to our noble hosts for all the time and effort expended. As has been mentioned the contest did show off a real depth of songwriting talent and was a great show case for the forum itself!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860