Downtime (Binladeda/AtticVibes/Pompyjazz)

• 20 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:34:47 PM »
Hi all.

This track was originally created by @Binladeda as an instrumental.
So just for kicks we asked if we could take it and get some vocals on.
After we knocked some bluesy lyrics up, we wanted a bluesy singer......Enter @pompeyjazz
Drums were replaced and a vocal track was added. @Mikey dropped a solo on to get down and dirty.

Add a bit of Cawproductions special sauce and hey presto....what we think is a really great track with lots of bluesy attitude.

Gotta thank the boys for their efforts...

Take a listen and Enjoy.
(Sorry dont have the lyrics typed yet as my mac just decided to stop working and parts are on the way, so am on my backup pc..)

Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas.

dont be too harsh or we may all cry and sell all our gear.....nah go for it

Enjoy
The south Coast Massive

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:59:14 PM »
Here are the lyrics

Downtime

Verse 1:
Baby I’ve been missing you - Like a desert misses the rain
Ive been one and we should have been two
But its always been the same
I know you should have been mine
Baby gimme some of your downtime.

Verse 2:
I know you been missing me - coz I can tell by the way you smile
And I aint gunna be to be told twice, - Gimme an inch and take a mile
I know you should have been mine

Verse 3:
See Baby when I take your hand - you’re like a moonlight sky
Don’t tell me that you don’t feel it - Ive seen that look, that look in your eye
You know baby that this our time

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 06:57:55 PM »
Am I lucky enough to be the first to review this? What can I say. This is just a perfect listening experience. Pompeys singing is top notch the production is spot on and the structure is perfect. It's like listening to early Led Zeppelin minus Robert Plants awful screechy annoying voice. Just imagine how good Led Zep would have been if John Bradley had been the singer. Oh how we can dream.....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:01:08 PM by mickyplankton »

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:16 AM »
Don't usually get excited about bluesy stuff but I enjoyed this a lot.

@pompeyjazz you vocals are just getting better and better!

Love the idea of Downtime in the lyrics, I just thought you could have sleazed it up a bit.
Downtime could have another meaning in a romantic context. Going Downtime anyone?  :o

Super listen, excellent work all :)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »
@tboswell

@pompeyjazz @Mikey @Binladeda  - "Baby gimme some of your downtime" but in a sleazy context......er, I think we may have got booted from the forum.

Also "Going Downtime anyone"....er I better stop, could get into deep water here...will need one of those parental advise stickers on the track.

Thanks for the listen.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:12:20 PM »
Hey now,hey now,this is a bit special.  8)

Fork me...I had a Jimmy Saville moment there... :o

A great Bluesy/Rock track from the binster,combined with John's voice which is epic and on the money.

Lovingly screwed together by Andy,this is superb work fellas.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 06:57:41 PM »
Yoo

This is ace, really cool.

What a collection of talents put together so wonderfully, all executing flawlessly.

Should know better than to be surprised by now but those vocals John got the blueees fo sure. "Downtime" really brings it back the way that a good blues lyric should. A strong solo was needed to round it off and that's exactly what it got - and I love how all that still respects that the instrumental shines without it. I can hear all the individuals behind it too, like a propa' blues jam.

Ent a damn thing constructive here just wanted to say well done :)

Cheers,
Scott.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »
For some reason I'm taken back to the start of Naked Gun 33 1/3... where the waitress is going around with guns, knives and nooses, etc., instead of drinks for all the suicidal patrons. Okay, so the song is nothing like (and I ain't saying you's depressing the hell outta me boyz!) it was just the image it conjured for me! :P

Nice one! :D

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »
What a groove! Great colab work guys!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
Great, committed performance.  No time wasted on that intro.  Can't fault the delivery and mix at all and PJ's vocals reach new heights here.
But... for me, straight 12-bar-blues just brings me out in a rash. Sorry, it's not you, it's me.  Even when Led Zepp do it... I just don't get why that chord pattern bears repeating so much.
So, I half loved this, and half wished the obvious combined talent of you guys was wrapped around something else less familiar, ya know?  That's just me though... blues fans will dig it to bits.
It's all too beautiful.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
Hi Guys,

Very cool. Love to hear some bluesy, prowling, rock.
Great groove.
The effect on the vocal made me think of John Lennon.
Sweet playing.

Tone is brill.

Digger

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 01:05:37 AM »
Fuck yeah!!!!
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »
Haha! I really enjoyed this guys...I liked @tboswell suggestion though...something like "I ain't giving UP...til you're giving me your DOWNtime."🤪👍🏻 its great dun as it is though and very well executed by you dudes, all your talents shine through....fucking GREAT vocal by John!!🎶👊🏻🎶 now this isnt a knock on you fellas in any way, but this did get me thinking as to why or how the "Blues" industry hasnt been crippled by everyone suing the shit out of each other??? maybe if Marvin Gaye had sung blues (perhaps he did, i dunno?) It would be. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤪 anyway...awesome stuff guys!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 03:13:18 PM »
Well yeah I know some people gripe about the 12 bar and the blues etc etc but I'm a big fan of all types from the acoustic Delta stuff to this kind of badass, sleazy groove dripping or should that be oozing with attitude....great vocals by Pompey and some nifty guitar work from...er...let me check...Mikey!  Nice one son!

I like it not messing around with an intro but thought it was a little bit scrappy start...even though I like scrappy too!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 07:56:00 PM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

Thanks VC, when nobody mentioned the solo I thought maybe I'd gone a bit OTT, but hey, I liked it so what the hell, I had to force Andy to watch some Gary Moore videos so he could see what I was trying to do, anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Cheers, Mikey