In Love With Misery

• 20 Replies

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 11:22:40 AM »
Lovely crisp 80s style synth arrangement, lovely synth line introducing a really enjoyable tune. I hear the DM but it kind of reminds me of some recent Belle and Sebastian tracks too where they have played with synths.
Double tracks vocals are really nicely done too!

Not sure if the middle eight and re-entry work at first listen, middle 8 seems from another song a bit and then it seem unwieldy getting back in again. Could be the effect you were going for but mentioning it because took me out of the song a bit.

Overall is a super well realised bit of synth pop. Be proud! :)

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 03:36:49 PM »
Well this track took me back.

At school, depeche and OMD, pet shop boys etc were big.

This sounds great, I still listen to this kinda 80s vibe,

The song sounds really nice and was a very easy listen. mix was cool. I dont like to over analyse stuff too much but try and get a feel of the whole sound. This track played very well with my ears.
Great vocal and you have nailed the vocal style and sound too.

Great track, top work
Andy

Andyb

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:20 AM »
pure 80s alright ! Enjoying a bit of a Renaissance at the moment. It's a cool track and very well done - nice one

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
Oh yes. Very 80s. :D

Reminds me of Heaven 17.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
@Bankie - I've already commented on this one, but it really is a very very well written, played and produced piece, so difficult to do properly, so hats off to you man.

Just wanted to tell you, somethings can't be hidden. What other genres are you jumping around with?

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
Hmm, an unexpected thread resurrection :)

I have a heavy rock song in an advanced state, but may need to find/pay someone to sing it as my voice isn't well suited. I'm also planning a folk song with chunky acoustic guitar, some electronic elements and a guest violin appearance from a talented girl I met on a sound production course. I've also been experimenting with a progressive style to try to make something a bit more unique and dramatic, but whether I can pull that off is another story. Lots of ideas at the moment and something will stick and get completed sooner or later. Thanks for asking.