konalavadome

Indoctrinate

• 20 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 05, 2019, 02:54:41 PM »
Hi All,

Been trying to get the mix right on this one. Been lots of one step forward - two steps back. Wanted to try and create an "apocalyptic" vibe. Hmm, that sounds a silly description - but hopefully you'll get what I mean.
Lyrically straight forward: Polluted minds; loss of innocence; etc.

Big nod to Sweet Dreams for the pre-chorus - but hopefully not too much. :D

A little bit heavier than our normal stuff; more towards my end of the music scale than Katja's; I guess.  :D

Thanks for listening and any feedback.

Digger

https://soundcloud.com/digger-72/indoctrinate/s-xYpXd

https://soundcloud.com/digger-72/indoctrinate-1  - revised version - thanks for the feedback.

Indoctrinate

God signs
On the playground wall
Here little children
Won’t you heed the call?
Here today
Stand the defects high
Well, be reborn
Bring your mind to life

Admiration
It’s a hand me down
You don’t care
Cos you’re lost and found
Got no time for the weak or the blind
Come here little children
Now
You’re
Mine

Oh you know
There’s no better way
Indoctrinate
You’re the victim today
While you’re waiting for the
Hammer to fall
The world keeps turning
You’re just missing the point

Dim lights
Bring the candles of hate
Here stands the preacher
Do you see your fate?
Helter skelter
It’s a mission call
Kill the world
We’ll rise as the ashes fall

Admiration
It’s a hand me down
You don’t care
Cos you’re lost and found
Got no time for the weak or the blind
Come here little children
Now
You’re
Mine

Oh you know
There’s no better way
Indoctrinate
You’re the victim today
While you’re waiting for the
Hammer to fall
The world keeps turning
You’re just missing the point

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:24:06 PM by digger72 »

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 03:10:17 PM »
This was beautiful in it's apocalyptic-ness , very dark and moody..loved it, particularly liked the instrumental bit after..missing the point..my only crit would be that second time we heard the first verse it sounded exactly like the first time..would've been nice if had some slightly different instrumentation... :)

nevertheless...awesome track..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 04:23:48 PM »
Heavy Track!!!

Lots to like hear, love the guitars, beautiful vocals.

Eery and atmospheric and dark, can hear Sweet Dreams and lots more

A great listen.

Sandeep

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:21:39 PM »
@digger72 - right up my apolplytic alley, reall superb, very strong, shame I’m in the bath listening on me phone, i can imagine what a fiddle of a mix it must have been, to me it reminds me of Heather Nova.

I tell you the quality of the songs on here has just racheted up a few notches recently what with The Viscount, virtual vocals, sometimes i struggle to find really new original sounding work on SC, look no further great work Mr Digger, are your initials j.c.b?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »
Great atmosphere on this track, Digger. And the vocal performance is really top notch. Definitely think you've achieved the apocalyptic vibe. This would make a great song for a zombie movie or something!

The guitars sound epic - really nice blend of tones and parts. Love the way it all kicks off with the bass and vocals. If I had one criticism it would be that I would love the drums to be more 'in your face', and perhaps a bit more punch in the bass. Are you playing with a pick? If so, I think more attack could spice things up a bit.

Well impressed with this mate, classy as hell.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 09:02:16 PM »
Lordy, the forum is on FIRE this evening.  Just listened to the 3rd massive banger in a row.
This is really, really good guys.  Powerful, ominous... it has that kind of indie-Goth feel.  As fans of Siouxsie and the Banshees, Garbage and Curve would attest, there's nothing like some ice-queen female vocals over some screaming indie guitars.   There are some punchy lines in the lyrics... I particularly like it when you slow down for "Now You're Mine"... got a spine tingle from that one.  Excellent production... nothing I would change all round.  I will be returning to this one regularly.
It's all too beautiful.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »
Oh my, this is wonderful stuff! Just LOVE the heavy backing with Katja's vocal. Sublime!  Fantastic lyrics.. instrumentation and production top notch.. It's outstanding! I will be listening to this many times..

K

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 12:25:17 AM »
Great song and production. Katja didn't hold anything back, and it sounds awesome.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 07:27:35 AM »
Just a quick note, really Dig, your indoctrinate, just well written, executed in every area, I just had a non bath centric listen, and yip it's way better, but it just shows me that a good song is obvious, even in mono i n the bath.

I just spotted something, in the quiet section @1:40 something, just thought there is more space for the bass Gtr to go double time, with a plectrum, might give it some contrast...

Such a great song, Is Katja on the forum?

Rich

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
This is my kind of music - loved it and I'll be listening to it again. The arrangement is really top-notch. I would have liked some subtle backing vox to help the main vocal, but it's a small pick.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
What a fantastically atmospheric and powerful piece of music. Lots of light and shade. Fantastic heavy guitars and vocals with some great FX thrown in. Top marks from me

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 08:37:15 PM »
Yo you comfortably strange people.  :)

Great to see you and Katja back making music again Stephen,the world is a poorer place without your talented input.

Katja's vocals remind me of Sonja Kristina (Curved Air singer) 'Back street love' has the same electronic feel. Wonderful.

The overall wall of sound is incredible and never cluttered,just beefy guitar and intense.

Quality stuff folks.  8)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
Ah
I couldn't get it to play.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
Great stuff guys! The mix sound fab to me. I especially like the vocal/fx on the transition into the second chorus!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻  :D

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »
The best songs are the ones you think are written for you...this is just my kind of thing. I can´t keep writing superb without feeling like a stuck CD, so I won´t. But it is superb. I love the atmosphere backing up the music, I mean the song is superb in itself but the arrangement is Thor´s hammer sticking the final nail in the coffin. Such cool, sweet stuff.