konalavadome

Need a pianist or some help with a piano melody

• 2 Replies

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« on: May 02, 2019, 08:35:46 PM »
I wrote a song yesterday, that I know exactly how I want to sound on the piano. Problem is that I'm nothing more than an average piano player, so I'm a little stuck on how I can form a melody line on the piano to sound just like I have planned it to sound. I don't have any form for education in musical theory nor have I ever taken any piano classes. If there are any kind souls here that can be so nice to lend out a hand for me :) If just help me in the right direction so I can do most of it myself. There is a melody for 4 chords that will be repeated twice in both verses, and then there's a chorus. If you're interested in helping me out, I can send an acapella version of the song on PM so you can hear my thoughts on the melody :)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 06:01:03 AM »
I'd offer to help, but I'm short of spare time right now. 

Allow me to make a suggestion.  Get a notation software.  "Anvil" is a freeware version.  "Notation Composer," and "Finale" are there if you can afford them. 

Then you can pick out your melody line, note by note, play it in real time, and change it, until you are satisfied. 

I end up doing about 1/3 of my songs that way.  It's not easy for me, but I'm almost certain that you'd have to be a more competent pianist than I am, so picking it out as you input it into the software might be easier for you. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 01:11:54 PM »
Thanks for the tip @hardtwistmusic :) I will check it out!