konalavadome

The Dogs (Those Dogs) - Soundcloud open collab

• 11 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:06:40 AM »
This song is rather different for me. I've always found Soundcloud generally a very welcoming and inclusive place. I happened to stumble upon a track from Phil McWalter that he was offering as a track for an open collab experiment (add your own vocals or anything else) Having heard some of Phil's other stuff, I thought that I would give it a go. I sent Phil some vocals and he kindly re-mixed his original track with my vocals. We've actually got a "real" drummer on this track who co-incidentally I happened to know from my days in Cov  :)

So here we have it - A fascinating project to work on

Phil McWalter - Music
Myself - Lyrics and vocals
Rick Medlock - Drums

The dogs, those dogs, have had their day
Taken flight from the pack and run away
Run away

No way home – Comfort zone
Roaming wild and all alone
Forever searching, wild and yearning

Miles, roving wild
Searching for a world, they will never find

But in the end, will they remember me ?
And anything I said

No way home – Comfort zone
Roaming wild and all alone
Forever searching, wild and yearning

The dogs, those dogs, have had their day
Taken flight from the pack and run away
Run away, run away, run away, run away

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:47:02 AM »
well done on this John, lyrics and vocal fitted nicely in all the right places...a good collab.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »
Hi John/ Phil,

This is a beautiful song, loves those pianos and guitars.... And those drums of course

Great affects at the end too

John has added some clever lyrics and has been clever in how the lyrics are added, because it's a complex song.

Great quality all round

Sandeep

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »
Wow that drummer is V good!! Lovely jazzy bass, in fact all the instrumentation and playing is fantastic.. I absolutely love this I gotta say - very interesting indeed.. And then your part - well that is also fab... Great lyrics and really the whole thing hangs beautifully together.. Wonderful stuff, Mr Prolific!

K

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:18:13 AM »
Yeah - really different for you, well delivered, and plenty of space in the mix. I do like a real drummer, so tough to play 'em.

Just don't know where you get the energy John...

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »
Really interesting, that backing track totally keeps you guessing. But I think I like it!

Certainly some of your best vocal work John, when you really stretch out it sounds great  :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 09:43:26 PM »
This is really well sculpted - chorus (if it is a chorus) hits like a hammer. It all has a unconventiality and artiness to it too - made me think of Talk Talk in that regard. Really interesting, arty experiment. Lyrics felt just right for that vibe John. Very clever and totally unpredictable.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 10:41:21 PM »
@tboswell @PaulyX Thanks guys. Was fascinating to work outside my comfort zone. Arty farty or not  :) I just enjoy broadening horizons  :)

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 02:24:37 PM »
So original and mysterious. My favorite part are those synths (powerful wow effect). It is like there are many different elements/genres well combined in this song.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »
Yo pomps.

I was going to say this is a bit different for you,but 'being different' and juggling genres is your forte!  :D

The song is a grower,great instrumentation. It's all there. The drum sound is class.

Great vocals man,everything gels just great for my ears.  8)