konalavadome

Dream Of You

• 5 Replies

Sunduta

• Busker
« on: April 28, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »
Hello :) 13 years passed since we spoke last time but 3 months ago she invaded my dream and said: "Hello, how do you do?"
There are many things I can improve in my music - more complex beat, melody gradation and escalation, alternation of calm and wild parts. Only I don't know how to do that as my music theory knowledge is 1%. I hope it is ok to post song without lyrics here.

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »
Hi!

You are right in your own analysis. This is very energetic throughout the whole song and that makes it a bit repetitive. But you have good melodies there that you could work with in different modes to get more life in to the song. Music theory is always helpful but you seem able to make melodies with your 1% knowledge and thats a good sign!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »
Hi Jibbek,

Lots of energy here.

Like the different segments and up and downs within the tune and how the song speeds up, a good listen.

I think you could easily add vocals or some kind of prose/ dialogue and make the song more interesting.

Like the affects at the end.

Whether you change it or not, I still enjoyed it.

Sandeep

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »
@Jibbek - this is so far out of my comfort zone (as I'd never be able to produce a piece like this) I can't give you any meaningful critique however it does sound very well played and produced and I enjoyed listening to it - some interesting melodies going on...

I too think that you're doing very well with your 1% theory :)

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 06:28:08 AM »
I am glad you like it. I will try to work on those elements t.wretborn mentioned in the future. I agree about lyrics, I consider human voice the most beautiful "instrument". The problem is my poetry skills are -20% (even in czech) and singing mediocre. But I will keep in mind this possibility.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:45:00 AM by Jibbek »

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 09:37:04 PM »
Lots of fun energy... sort of Eurodisco flavour to it. The musical equivalent of drinking 3 double espressos with Red Bull chasers I felt. Maybe a bit repetitive like others have said - vocals would probably help that?
It's all too beautiful.