konalavadome

Hello :)

• 5 Replies

Sunduta

• Busker
« on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:29 AM »
Hello, I have a great friend who once told me, that the original purpose of music is to impress a woman (or man). And that is exactly how did it all start in my case. When I was 19 yo, I had major crush and started playing piano with one crazy goal - to compose a song for her. For many upcoming years I didn't enjoy playing from sheet music and didn't spend much time training. Recently I realized, that when I connect piano with singing, it is one of the best things in the world (sometimes harmful for others yet awesome for me :) I composed a song for that girl, she probably didn't hear it and she is engaged but... bringing joy and light to the world would be one of secondary purposes of music :)

There are three music genres, which are my favorite - movie scores (John Powell - How to train your dragon, Ilan Eshkeri - Stardust, Jerry Goldsmith - Rudy), Pop (R.E.M. - Shiny happy people, Elton John - The measure of a man, Survivor - I can't hold back) and dance music (Jet set - In the name of love, Dj Sledge Hammer - Sunshine, Groove Coverage - 7 years and 50 days).

I am looking forward to meet other musicians here, gain inspiration, improve skills and also share my creations.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:40:01 AM by Jibbek »

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum! :) I too have many times written music to impress girls, and I still write most of my music today for one particular girl. Love is the feeling that inspires me the most to write good music! Hope you find lots of inspiration from everyone here :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
Welcome oh horn-ed one, life a gas here. never wrote a song to impress a girl, probably put her right off, can you imagine it, chugging away doing ones best to capture the pain and emotion of your own take on Rammstein which only took a year to perfect, looking at her in the eye whilst clobbering the drums, failiing teribbly with that cool stick twirly thing, getting off stage in a drench state and she says, "Well it's all very nice, but I only really like John Denver songs"

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »
lol, I've been with my good lady wife now since about '93 all because I was too shy to speak to her so wrote her a poem...

I'm not sure it was music's original purpose but it sure can help when your spoken words leave much to be desired!

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 03:01:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum brother

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 01:58:33 PM »
@cowparsleyman wise words, I have to agree on this.