konalavadome

Lazy Weekend Rainy Remix

• 7 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: April 24, 2019, 08:36:10 PM »
When I heard @MartynRich 's  brilliant Lazy Weekend, I was rather bowled over, but I heard it very differently so I asked him If I could have a go at a remix, he very kindly agreed to hand over his precious baby.

The first Guitar Solo was inspired by one of the other forum members mentioning the great Gilmour in one of the reviews.

The story set in the SoundCloud description (that's exactly how I intrepeted it the first time I heard it)...

Any ideas and critique most welcome, hope you dig.

The only thing was that it's SUCH an earworm, still hasn't left me yet...thanks for listening.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:52:53 PM »
Well, this is such an excellent remix of an already fabulous song. You are absolutely right @cowparsleyman What a stupendously fabulous ending with the jazz breakdown and the lonely vocals and that cigarette was quite exquisite,  but as my Grandad used to say when he showed me his whittled down stop smoking pencil.....king can cause cancer

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:44:32 PM »
Great song to start with... Fab remix.. This is very cool indeed... You've captured the mood you describe perfectly.. Love the ending...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »
Thanks one and all, as @MonnoDB says all the hard work was done by @MartynRich - I just joined the dots differently, isn't it odd that I hear it so clearly in a different way? does anyone else have that? and do you act upon it?

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 11:20:28 AM »
Great remix of a top tune.

Love those guitars and the fade out sequence be at the end.

Like the sound affects and changes in tempo.

Like this lots!!!!

Sandeep

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Well yes I did listen to Marty's first version.

This is a great remix CPM...enjoyed it a lot...some neat ideas and an atmosphere that enhances the original song to a beautiful degree.

Really enjoying the sound you're putting out these days. I can only dream of getting such a mix!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
Super, loved both versions of this song. Wandering off into the sunset with that jazz guitar is a great way to end it. Impressive the way you can listen to a song and hear it differently in your head too CPM. I am now determined to make this weekend even more lazy thanks to you guys... time for a pancake.
It's all too beautiful.