SAD NEWS

• 9 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:23:23 AM »
I am having a really sad time after the passing away of my loving husband a week ago today. He was such a support for me, and was very proud of my songwriting and the small pieces of success I had enjoyed at times. He knew how much it all meant to me when I qualified in song contests and then gaining some commercial recordings
 in countries far away from here at home, but this was still at least a small reward for all my work and enthusiasm.

Throughout the time he was in hospital. he listened to a tape of instrumentals which I had released on CD. (Once in the Life Of The Moon). I was able to play the music quietly on a small Sony Tape Recorder which I was pleased to have kept. Very old-fashioned now, but the recorder proved to be precious,. Other patients listened to the music and nurses, also, as they were working in the wards. They thought the music was ideal for relaxation and suggested I  promote the CD again.

It is comforting for me to know that my own music was with my husband until he passed away and kept us close together. He knew so much about composers and music in many styles and I was proud when he played my commercial recordings and enjoyed them

I have written this because it shows that your own songs and music can have worth in many ways. I no longer feel that all my songwriting days were wasted.

The passing of a wonderful and knowledgeable man is bringing closure, and especially closure to my days of songwriting which was such an important part of my life.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:48:49 AM »
Your post touched me, as I'm dealing with the aftermath of my husband's stroke in January. I haven't done much with music during the past three months, but he is very proud of my music and has been telling everyone about it, before and after his stroke.

I am so sorry for your loss and will be thinking about you @Marrianna . You are so right about the value of our songwriting, our music.

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 05:36:01 AM »
Sorry for your loss Marrianna

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss @Marrianna  :'(  I'm so glad to hear that your music brought joy to your husband in his final days  :'(

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:26:11 AM »
May he rest in peace, and although shrouds have no pockets he has taken so much with that really matters in life, and you can feast on the memories that have been burned into your memory.

Rich

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Marianna, but glad to hear that your music could make a small difference or more. Look after yourself too.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
Very sorry for your loss Marianna. I’m glad your music helped and shows us all how creativity can touch people in many unexpected ways. Keep all the good memories close x

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Marrianna. I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. I hope you have many loved ones around you to support you through your bereavement.

Sending prayers to you and yours x
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
My condolences Marianna.

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 12:32:46 AM »
Thankyou to all  ...  so much for your touching messages.
I would like to thank you all separately but I am facing an even more difficult day later on and so I hope you understand if I send this BIG THANKYOU for all of you together. Every single one means the world to me and is helping to support me during this time of loss.
Love from
Marrianna xx