The Walk of Shame! collab with cowparselyman for Spring Quest

• 18 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 08:24:27 AM »
Whato all

Thanks for you listens and kind remarks, I've held back from responding as my contribution was so almost negligible with this collaboration, all the ideas, credit and wizardry is all Suzy, what an artist, and so patient.

@MonnoDB - Watch out for those Eastern Runs - must have been the water  8),

@Skub - Yip, getting the vox to match the backing track is harder than I thought,  she nails this every time.

Crystal plucks ideas out of the air like a bear catching a British Colombian Salmon,amazing.

Rich

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »
This is just ace guys!!! Haha...not enough songs about floppy boobs and rainbow trouts!!😂🤣😂🤣 Suzy, your imagination never ceases to amaze me.🎶👊🏻🎶👍🏻🙋🏼‍♂️

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 05:34:43 AM »
This is another excellent written adventure in music. It's got your usual unconventional style @crystalsuzy which is absolutely unique. I loved it how it changed genres throughout - Gee there are so many genres in there its ungenredefinable  :)

Loved it
thanks so much for your generous comments John :) "ungenredefinable"...I think we should patent this :)

Hello,

It's a very unexpected and original piece. I really like the freedom of composition. The voices have an ironic and disturbing side at the same time, which is quite successful.

Congratulations for this song !

IS

thanks IS! I'm glad that you liked the originality of this track and found the vocals both ironic and disturbing because that's exactly what I was going for :)

Ha... nice one... a lot of people will identify with the lyrics... As has been said, clever journey through the genres on this one, totally unpredictable.  My fave bit was the little eastern-sounding rising scales you drop in a few times.

Thanks so much PaulyX. I'm happy that you liked the unpredictability of this song. Some people don't. The eastern bits were an experiment which grew on me.

Hey guys,

Yeah...really like this one ;D .  Don't know which is the most interesting, the vocal/lyrics or the backing track.
 Together they're fascinating. Amazing stuff Suzy, sometimes your vox is more like an instrument to my one good ear ;D
 Original, unique, cool......I could go on.  It's just a great song, and a really entertaining piece of work ;D

Oh, and did I mention how good the production was ;D ;D

Great song guys..

thanks so much Bin for your humbling comments. It was a fun song to work on and working with Rich was awesome.

This is a great listen Suzy...the chops and changes of style which could have made it bitty are arranged so seamlessly that it keeps its shape brilliantly.

Great sound/production too.

Lyrics are an uneasy laugh (as a very regular pubgoer in the past i can relate to this kind of thing). I like the way you've....er...taken someone else's story and made it your own. You've 'imagined' her situation with aplomb. Nicely done.

Another cool entry to the comp.

Thanks VC for your very kind comments. "Lyrics are an uneasy laugh"...I really like that comment because it describes this story very well. :)

Hi Suzy/CPM,

Really interesting piece.
Must confess I wasn't getting Spring from it - but it's a competition with quite an open range isn't it?
I was getting more Hallowe'en.  :D
I thought it was quite sinister at times - or is that just my mind going places that weren't meant to be?
Music was great.
Vocals were intriguing and captivating.

Another gem.

Digger

Hey Digger! thanks for your comments, and you're right, it's not springy, but I don't think it had to be. it's not supposed to come across as sinister, but everyone has their own interpretation. Glad you enjoyed it :) 

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »
Absolutely loved the lyrics in this...it's a super story brilliantly told...with a backing to match.

A great listen. Good luck!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter