The Number 1 Dream - Spring Quest Entry

• 16 Replies

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:10:02 AM »
This is the first song that Phil and I collaborated on in a year.

https://soundcloud.com/sandeep-issar/the-number-one-dream-house-mix

I told Phil that I had a half written Acid House Jazz song and about this competition, he thought he could fuse it with an element from his hero, Jean Michelle Jarre ..... and this is it.
We’ve been writing this song since September 2018, but thought of new ideas when Martin and Neil first mooted the Spring comp.
At one stage it was 8 minutes long, but we have cut it down to a really short 5:36 minutes!
The song is pretty abstract but it’s about the Dreams of people who have inspired me....and many others. In some cases they were locked up or paid the ultimate sacrifice for their beliefs; The Luther-Kings, Mandelas, Gandhis, Lincolns and Lennons of our past.  The sparse lyrics are peppered with some of their key words or phrases.
It’s about dreams so we hope it’s exotic and we’ve included a Dream sequence to make it more so. Hope you enjoy and feed-back welcome....The lyrics are below:

Sandeep and Phil

The Number 1 Dream
Verse
Love is the number 1 dream
Visions inside my head
Baby I'm seeing red
D'you ever see what I dream
Visions of deja vu
D'ya ever see it too
Dyou ever see what I dream
Dah Nah Dah
Dah Nah Dah
Dah Nah Dah

Dah Nah Dah

Chorus
I see you Dream
I hear the screams
Taking on the number 1 dream
You wanna fight
For what is right
Taking on the number 1 Dream
An eye for eye
The world goes blind
You're Tremendous
Don't walk alone

Verse

Visions inside my head
Baby I'm seeing red
D'you ever see what I dream
Visions of deja vu
D'ya ever see it too
Dyou ever dream what I dream
Dah Nah Dah
Dah Nah Dah
Dah Nah Dah
Dah Nah Dah

Chorus
I see you Dream
I hear the screams
You wanna fight
For what is right
Taking on the number 1 Dream
An eye for eye
The world goes blind
You're Tremendous
Don't walk alone
Taking on the the number 1 dream

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
Hi Sandeep, I have got the house to myself this morning and  this sounds great really loud! Very hypnotic and bouncy!

Good idea for that number one dream, which you didn't need to overkill, so the sparse lyrics really work.

Cool vocals, well mixed. Yeah I liked it!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 09:35:51 PM »
Hi Sandeep and Phil. Great to hear a new one from you guys on the forum. I had a little listen earlier but wanted to experience the full volume experience. I'm getting the JMJ vibe big time. I love the sentiments. Excellent production and it goes off in so many unexpected ways. A spacey trip of a song

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 10:55:07 PM »
Great to hear something new from you! You never post enough of your own material. I really like this - the beats are great and the sparse vocals convey a simple yet effective message. I love all the attention to detail as well - there are great textures and changes spread throughout the song...I remember a few banging house parties in Coventry this would have gone down well at. Great.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »
Whoa.. very slick.. Confidently delivered, Sir! Love the concept and theme. It's all very clever and works very well I must say.. The whole song is very well produced the vocals sit in the mix very well (that's you right Sandeep??).

Great song @Movin Flavour !!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 12:50:11 PM »
Got that great bounce Sandeep (and Phil!) with that well put together backing track....wouldn't know where to start myself with anything like this!

The structure of the arrangement is good. Breakdown comes just at the right place to keep the interest going and builds to a good rising finish which works very nicely! .

All sounds very professionally done and makes all the right noises in the right places...love some of the sounds you're coming up with here.

Different to most of the other stuff on here and good for that....gives us a nice bit of variety doesn't it?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 03:02:37 PM »
Really works well for me, beats are solid and the trippy synths fit the dreamy nature of the lyrics.
Builds really nicely when it needs too. Great stuff :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:29:23 PM »
Yes as has been said great dancey beach-house vibe - just wins you over. I liked the sentiment of the lyrics too but I’d change the ‘seeing red’ line, that means getting angry doesn’t it? Felt a bit at odds with the positivity of the rest of it.  Vocals are very good though, natural and not over played. Certainly a shot in the arms of good vibes this one.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
Hi Sandeep @Movin Flavour - Listening as I write, Dig that '80's bass, sounds like a DX7...not keen on the da na da, pumps along nicely, catching the Jarre vibe, and the Acid House, most interesting combo, nice to see that you give plenty of instrumental space for those who will dance to it, to get in the groove,  @2:52 lovely BVox, 8mins wouldn't be out of place for a club song like this, getting the No.1 dream lyric/melody hook, and the establishment of the synth hook at 4:45, really, really kickn' just don't want this one to stop, maybe put out the 8min as a dance remix....

Brilliant.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
Love the cool hypnotics vibe going on in this track  8) the sparsity of the lyrics really lends itself to the spacey backing track  8)
I could definitely get into dancing to this and I really like the concept :) sounds awesome on headphones
Fabylous collab and entry Sandeep and Phil  :)

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 03:31:42 PM »
Thanks All for your feedback:
@MichaelA - Glad you played it Loud
@pompeyjazz - John thanks for your comments, I'm not sure about JMJ??...even looked it up, but am glad its a vibe.
@MonnoDB - Thx Karen, Phil  spent agents on the vocals, wouldn't need so much time with your voice!
@MartynRich - Thank you, Coventry House Party Sound Great
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - Thx for all your kind words, I have to admit that Phil, as always, spends so much time on the production, and also added loads of sections to the song.   All the polishing and refinery was down to him.
@tboswell -Thanks for all your kind comments
@PaulyX - Great feedback - the seeing Red was meant to refer to all the unnecessarily spilt blood... maybe we will change the lyrics, but was also trying to make it a bit Dancey too.
@cowparsleyman - Thx for your feedback - maybe you can do a "Cowparsleyman" 8 minute remix???
Thanks @crystalsuzy - I hope you do dance to it ... even with the headphones on!!

Sandeep/ Phil

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
@pompeyjazz ---  ;D ;D ;D haha , i was looking for something from the House Music Scene!!

Sunduta

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 07:01:15 AM »
I like it so much and yes, it definitely sounds exotic (especially vocals). Calm synth parts are great and also their gradation, which sounds epic in some moments. Well done :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Yo Sandeep.

Love the 80s vibe going' on here.

The track hides it's 5+ minutes very well and never drags. A fine groove keep the interest going right to the end.

Good work guys.  :)