Anxiety - A personal song about mental health

• 18 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »
So... first the negative. Get rid of the drums.

Now the positive...

"Maybe I wish my anxiety would stay
It was all I ever had that eased the pain
Sometimes I wish, I gave up on life
Closed my eyes for a minute and said my goodbyes"

This was heartbreaking. So good.

Change this line though
"Every day I put on a smile on my face"
Just drop the first 'on'
"Every day I put a smile on my face"
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 08:35:16 PM »
Thanks :) I hear most say "drums out", so I'll guess that will happen when I sit down with the song again! I see that it was an "on" too much in that line.

Yeah, that chorus was probably the easiest to write but hardest to sing, and it was those lines that connected the whole song for me. Originally I started writing most of the verse in the rap genre, but then that part changed everything, and I ended up playing it as a slow down piano ballad.

Dogmax

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:31 PM »
Hey man done a great job here really like it, vocals sometimes sound to low under the piano tone if you know what i mean and i think sometimes with songs like this vocals need to be in control heard above the melody but just in certain parts but hey, really really nice man great song   8)

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »
Thank you so much @Dogmax :) Will upgrade to a pro membership on SoundCloud when its payday, and then I will sit down with the song and go through all the tips I have got from the amazing community here (So I don't have to upload a new file, but just replace this one) :)