Talking Zulu

• 26 Replies

Sonny And The Dark

• Busker
    • Sonny And The Dark
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 09:45:38 AM »
Hi you have a great recording voice and some interesting melodic ideas that sound like they would go down well with an American County Pop radio station. I can't make any comments on the lyrics because to be honest I have no idea about the background story but I think people would quite happily listen to this on the radio without feeling the need to analyse the words as the melodies are very emotive.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »
Polished and reasonably  modern/currrent to  my ears.  There's more than a hint of Gary's Barlow in the vocal too. I could imagine him writing a song such as this;  at least in it's melodic direction. Radio  friendly from start to finish.  What did your online tutor say about this ? wonder could he/she write something of this very high calibre?

Well done my friend!

Paul

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 05:41:30 PM »
Superb song. Very catchy. If I may be bold I have one suggestion for (possible improvement)

Beef up the guitar in the chorus. Perhaps switch to electric and throw some power chords in there. Cheers Micky.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 08:48:18 PM »
Great song Leo.

Excellent vocals  and some great singing and cool production.

Reminds me of Seal, but with a modern touch.

What's not to enjoy.

Sandeep

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 10:06:35 PM »
Yup, definitely got that brilliant Leo vibe :) Sounds like the backing track and the vocal melody were built together, so well done. It's not always that easy to do...I've tried ::)
Fantastic vocals as always and I love the underlying BV's near the end  :-*
The lyrical concept is compelling. Not sure if this is your own experience, but it would interesting to know more about it  8)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 11:12:02 PM »
Fascinating lyrics - are the real/ based on reality @LostBoy ? Melody and vocals up to your usual off-the-scale levels. Just amazing. What a great course to produce songs of this quality - how was this song received / marked on the course? It's top quality so I'm hoping that the feedback on the course was effusively positive! Great great job, Leo!

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »
@MonnoDB @Rightly @crystalsuzy @Movin Flavour @mickyplankton @Wicked Deeds @Sonny And The Dark @shadowfax @digger72 @Binladeda

Thank you very much everyone. 😄🎶👊🏻🎶The course went well and the teachers liked the stuff I came up with. However, I am still far from my dream and I still have a tonne to learn and although I’m grateful for the comments about “radio” I know that my mixing and mastering REALLY needs work to even have a chance. (Hahaha and yes, def not radio one or Kerrang!!😆)

As for this particular song....yep it’s a true story about me....a vague story for sure, but true all the same. 😊 I think it’s that word “camouflage” that’s throwing people, but I didn’t mean literal camouflage. I was a missionary many years ago throughout Natal and Swaziland. This song is a thank you to everyone I met out there. I learnt waaaay more than I taught.😊👍🏻

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 12:53:12 AM »
Really commercial (in a good way) such a great tune and it's refreshing to hear a song about not the usual topics.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »
It's all been said but just wanted to show my thumbs in the upward position and congratulate you on this stellar work  ;D
Great job Leo - why isn't this on the freakin' radio?  ;D ;D

Paul

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »
Hello,

You have a beautiful voice, and you sing very well. I find the melody pretty well successful. The mix is not bad. Echo effects are well done for exemple.
 It's a great job!

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »
Very nicely put together, and performed really well. Kind of made me think of Toto, with the slight 80s touches.
Not sure Toto actually ever went to Africa though :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 11:35:05 AM »
Hi,

This is an absolutely excellent, professional sounding and chart friendly track. Your vocals are stellar, the melody is beautiful and the lyrics are intelligent and cliche free. The standard on here is crazy now. It's pretty well perfect. 10 out of 10 from the South Devon jury.

M