Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

We Pump It Out - You Drink It In

(1/5) > >>

pompeyjazz:
Here's a cheery little pop song about one of my pet hates, the media and their manipulation of the masses. Hope you enjoy  :)

We can send you useless information
Transmitted to your HD device
Talent shows where talent isn't present
Or Ken and Barbie dancing on ice

We pump it out – You drink it in
Then next day – Well, we'll do it all again

Celebrities who peddle on the masses
With inspiration just to be like them
Barbiturates made for the social classes
By a higher ranking class of  smarmy men

Take your medicine sleepy head
It's the truth you know
Hypnotised by media
Planted seeds will grow

(c) Bradley - 2019

MartynRich:
Fab Manchester rock stuff thingy. Starts like Oasis, then goes VERY late sixties, eclectic mix of guitars and in all fairness, this is a buskers song - it has the quality to earn me enough on the street for a 3-course meal at the Hilton. All very well thought out John...a corker.

diademgrove:
I can imagine Elvis Costello singing this. I'm not sure about the Oasis sounding lead guitar links but that's me. An enjoyable listen.

Keith

Andreas:
That intro is magnificent! :) Very clever lyrics, and an easily singable chorus! Nice work @pompeyjazz :)

shadowfax:
Great talent for writing about...well, anything, and doing it so well, particularly liked the slow bit towards the end..good work mate,

talking about the media...
since I moved back to the UK from the Czech Republic the bias in the media (particularly the BBC) is staggering, no longer can that organization be trusted to be impartial.
if I want proper impartial news I watch the news from the Czech Republic..they are not gagged by political correctness..they report on Europe..the world and the UK without the PC enforced omissions...

best, Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version