Low Low Low

• 21 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« on: April 10, 2019, 12:42:27 PM »
Hey guys... I've been busy on this old tune of mine, giving it the 2019 polish. There's two versions, long and short (album and single).
You can find the short version at my SoundCloud

Anyways... i hope you like it

Lyrics

Over worked
Under paid
I cannot take another day without you by my side
I need you
Outta luck
Outta time
I cannot find another mind like mine
and I need someone like you

And I need you to know
My heart is on the low low low
And I need you to see that you and me will be

Been hung up
out to dry
but I can't find a reason why I'm alone in my life
I need you

And I need you to know

Gone are the days when I would smile
wish I could get away for a while
but what is this thing
you're doing to me
my heart is beating
I cannot breath
Tell me you feel it
and we'll be

And I need you to know
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:48:45 PM by dinnerwithgreedo »
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:47:44 PM »
To me it sounds commercial, unusual and refreshing at the same time.
It sounds quite effortless, in a good way.

I liked the verses in particular.
And the solo.

Well done.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 05:52:55 PM »
Lovely poppy sound to this. Transitions in the verses are interesting - very appealing indeed. I too agree the verses are very strong. Good chorus too.. very well sung and played. Great track (not sure I’d call just sub 4 mins short though :-)!!).

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:13:14 PM »
This is really catchy DWG. Got a bit of an Edwin Collins feel at the start. Nice when the heavy guitars kick in. Great structure and arrangement. Would have liked to have heard the vocals a bit more up front as you have a great voice. Really enjoyed the listen

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »
Like MonnoDB, I really like the chord progressions.  Plus some delicious reaching up to falsettos with the main vox in the choruses - those bits (and your voice in general) reminded me of The Bluestones (which is a very good thing).  I also really like the instrumental section from around 4:20 with those ascending guitar lines.  Also nice editing of the Bowie "Low" sleeve for the track artwork!
It's all too beautiful.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 07:44:10 AM »
Good pop song with its melodic verse and chorus bolstered by that neat guitar riff.

Decent vocal performance too, confident yet somehow slightly vulnerable sounding.

I thought the mid part guitar solo was a little predictable though, but much preferred the riffing in the chorus and repetitive riff play-out. Cool!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 08:21:49 PM »
Thank you all so much for your feedback.

@PaulyX You win 1000 brownie points for identifying the cover origin!!
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 11:06:46 PM »
Hi!

Good and interesting vocal melodies and great outro. I feel that the chorus has potential to lift more with vocals more up front or just a little louder and maybe doubled all the way or at some phrases. A little more "life" in the drums, now its a little too close to the verse. But that's just my taste =)
Sweet singing!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 01:38:54 PM »
In agreement with all the comments here, the verses are great and the structure and arrangement are gorgeous to listen to. I think the chorus could be more stand out but not sure how. It´s all delivered really confidently though and that makes a big difference and I like the riffing outro a lot. Question - did you nick part of the baseline from Midnight Oil? No shame in that of course, we all steal from time to time, even I stole the baseline from the theme to Wonder Woman once :)

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 11:13:28 PM »
@MartynRich I only know one Midnight Oil song (Beds are Burning) and it's not from that.
I wanted to write a bass line like Paul McCartney would, have it dancing all over the place. I realised quite quickly it sounded similar to something else.... then just thought 'fuck it... it's different enough'. The song I think it sounds like is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1RcVrGjGM

Thank for the comment!!   :D

UPDATE: Oh my God! You're right! The bit where i sing 'will be', the bass line that follows sounds like 'Beds Are Burning'! Ha...... totally unintentional.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:26:37 AM by dinnerwithgreedo »

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Hi,

I thought the first part of the song was really strong. Great melody and words. The instrumental outro took me to another world completely and I'm not sure it works. It didn't for me, sorry. Feel free to ignore me if you like it,

Keith

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
Thanks @diademgrove
The version you listened to was the 'album' version (there is no album). The single edit doesn't have the outro and also removes the 'gone are the days' bit. You might prefer it.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 10:07:23 PM »
I enjoy listening to this song. You have a nice melody for the song, and your voice is clinging very well throughout the song. The guitar solo is nice and melodic and fits good for the rest of the song, and I like the key you were playing it in also. :) Good that you have options with one long and one short version :p I personally listened to the long version 2 times now :p Nice job!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »
This is nice work, good singing and good instrumentation, not sure the song needed the instrumental bit that started around 4.10...it's good but sounds like it's from another song :)

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »
Hi,

I absolutely loved your last track "What Butterflies Do" and this is another cracker. You have hit a rich vein of form here. This reminds me of something The Beatles would have come up with around 1968 (George on vocals) - songwriting, arrangement and performance out of the very top drawer. The melody is absolutely outstanding as is your singing. Seriously, this is off the scale - is it me or is this just the best song on here so far this year?

M