Host

• 24 Replies

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »
Hi Digger. This is top drawer moody indie. It's almost goth but is too polished. I also heard echos of Joy Division. As others have said the production and mix are faultless and allow the well rehearsed song to really breathe. It's catchy in a slow build kind of way.
For my personal tastes I would have preferred a dirty bass guitar to the synth bass you use and also would have preferred it be slightly faster. But don't change on my account as I'm sure I'm in the minority!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
Polished, slick - beautifully produced. Love the repeated vocal ‘ooh’ - it’s extremely effective and very very catchy. That guitar part around 2.38 is great.. Very strong in all aspects - vocals of course also fab. Great to hear a new one from you!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 03:39:17 PM »
Hi Digger,

as you know I think it needs a bit more low end. Love the nod to Mike Ronson and Katja's vocals are top notch as usual. Great song,

Keith

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »
Hi Digger/Katja,

It's all been said by previous commentators but I'll just re-iterate what a brilliant track this is. So moody, indie sounding and cool. Everything just as it should be in the production and arrangement. Sounds like it's the latest single from a pro band with a record deal and professional producer. What more can I say? One of my favourite things on here at the moment. I bleedin' love it.

M

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »
Hi All,

Many thanks for the kind words - has given us a lift and the drive to get back in the swing of things.
Picked up a few bargain plugins in the latest Waves sale - so wanting to try them out.

Anyone looking for a nice reverb check out their H-Reverb - I managed to snap it up on a bogof deal.

Cheers,
Digger

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 08:05:36 PM »
Great tune Guys

Love the Bass.
Love the Harmonies
Top Guitars
Excellent production.
Has a real 80s / New Wave feel which is brilliant.

Top tune,an enjoyable listen.

Sandeep

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
Gotta say, I LOVE this!! Great vibe, really cool track! Well done!🎶👊🏻🎶😄

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 07:37:56 PM »
One of my SOTMs for April. It hooked me from the start. Lyrics were just great, as is the tune. Wonderful.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »
You were always one of my favourites on here , brilliant moody track , I'm amazed you're not rich and famous yet ( or are you ? )
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:38 AM »
Gothy fun, takes me back to the late 80s when I was wearing even more black:)

Like that you've stuck to the same chord sequence throughout but made it work, with rising and fall in the arrangement.

Great vocal, really enjoyable :)