'Let's Get A Tattoo!' (Spring Quest Entry)

• 19 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 07:37:12 AM »
Thanks for this @cowparsleyman, but make sure you splash on the old sunscreen on that Spanish beach!  8)

Cheers to @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra, glad you liked the chorus and it's synth counter-melody, as that's actually my favourite bit! Thanks for these encouraging words!  :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 08:32:23 AM »
Blimey...I first heard this over a week ago...and it stayed with me. It's excellent.

Distinctive vocal sound and delivery...conveys a sense of bewilderment to me...and works brilliantly here in particular.

I remember seeing a photo of a bloke who had "PLAN" tattooed on the knuckles of one hand...and "AHEA" on the knuckles of t'other.

Also - though completely irrelevant - "tattoo" is possibly my favourite song from "Live at Leeds"
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
Hi Michael,

Liked this.
Very good use of synths and choice of sounds.
The one under the chorus has a nice, slightly melancholic quality to it which sits well with me.

The vocals have a mid 90s, Indie feel - which combines well.

Cool track.

Digger

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 07:01:19 PM »
Original, quirky, great lyrics (soul-mate as a verb - I like it!!!).  80s vibe to the music - lovely production up to your usual standards.... lovely confident vocal too.
Nice work again @MichaelA - good luck in the comp!!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
Well so far I have failed in my attempts at getting Tattoo manufacturers to sponsor the song for a million quid, but I will persevere. Well... Maybe a tenner is not too ambitious!  ;)

Anyway, thanks for these recent comments folks, much appreciated.

Hi @PaulAds , thanks and I really like your story about the knuckle tatoo guy! Brilliant!  :D

Cheers @digger72 , I'm glad you like that synth counter melody. It was going to be a mid break solo to start with, but then I managed to build the chorus around it and so it eventually became the main musical theme of the song almost by accident! Songwriting is unpredicatble, is it not?!

Hi there Karen @MonnoDB , cheers for those comments. I hoped I'd get away with that 'soul-mate' usage as I did think it somehow seemed to work. The limited syllables available in the verse line had me flummoxed for quite a while there! Happy Easter!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860