konalavadome

Everything Endures - Remix of Binladeda's brilliant Memories

• 17 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:41:53 PM »
Here's a remix of Binladeda's 'Memories' 

(http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=16204.msg154324#msg154324)

He kindly offered it to me to produce it, of course I loved it,  but heard it very differently from his ears, anyway this is it.

It just struck me how beautiful the piano was, and that the song needed a LOT of space for Caz's vocal.

I'm not very good at getting the meaning with lyrics, so I repeated the whole vocal line, it's been done many times before so I went with it.

I wanted the sadness of the lyric to be enhanced at the end with the nod to 'I'm not in love'

Hope you like it.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:10:15 AM by cowparsleyman »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Yes, that piano is indeed beautiful and the vocal performance is quite stunning and sits in a great place in the mix. Reminiscent of Alison Moyet I reckon.

Nice build there with the drums about a third the way through and brilliant how it all falls away again and really breathes and stretches out mid way. The finale is very subtle and quite a surprise, which was good too.

Very much a quality piece of work by all concerned! :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »
Hi @MichaelA - Very kind of you to take a listen and I appreciate your comments, @Cazrolina  and @Binladeda are both very talented artists.

Thanks again.

Rich

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »
It's very nice..wanted to compare it with Bin's but the track is not available..oh well! ::)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Very nice remix. It gets really interesting when a song has Its own life and transcends the intentions of its author.
I couldn't compare it with the original.

But this here is very tastefully done.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 02:32:57 PM »
Ooh,you did a lovely job on this CPM. It's a beautifully delicate and sympathetic mix,which allows the song to shine.

Classy work,man.  8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
@Skub - Thanks for that, I really felt a sense of responsiblity with this one, I felt I was entrusted with some really precious goods, which indeed I was, so I didn't tick 'Complete' until I was 100% sure it was ready.

@Rightly - Thanks for the listen, you write such deep things in your reviews Man, I just love your turn of phrase.

@MartynRich - Your'e right, in fact the Working Title for this was 'Beauty'

@shadowfax - Yeah, I wanted that comparison again.

@pompeyjazz - Cheers John, it's easier to create something like this if one starts with classy materials.

Rich

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
Hi Rich,

Missed Bin's original due to a prolonged absence, but this sounds great. I like space given to the vocal.
Love the piano lead in, and the drums add a nice contemporary feel.

Is that Flossie from many a moon ago playing keys?
Delicate and emotional vocal.

Love that outro guitar - great work Bin.
Top notch collab and remix.

Digger

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »
Yes that's a special thing for sure.  I like the way the piano is so delicate but the drums are quite "big" at times, that combo is quite unusual I felt.  And of course the singing is great.  Congrats to all parties involved in this.
It's all too beautiful.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 09:14:36 AM »
Thanks again to all that took the time to listen and review, much appreciated.

@RealKevM - Cheers Kev, nice to hear from you man.

@PaulyX - yeah the piano seemed to float along, very unusual for me to receive something as delicate as this. I perceive every song I work on as being a walk in the Peaks, highs, lows, quiet places, out of breath, a sit down for a rest, but never flat and boring. I guess it came from playing classical guitar, you are assessed not just on your ability to play the notes correctly, but also how you read the dynamic instructions, so so important in production too.

@digger72 - Yeah, I wanted exactly that contemporary feel, something a bit different, Caz popped some 808 type drums on, but I wanted something a bit different than that, a heartbeat if you will, the throb of someone in real pain after a breakup, the heart keeps beating even when you feel dead inside, which sometimes in those situations is a complete irony.

Pretty sure it is Flossie from years ago, I've only been on this forum for just over a year now, so I don't remember her.

Glad you like the Gtr in the outro, less is more I guess.

btw. Eas the 10cc thing too cheesey?

Thanks again

Rich

I'll pass all the reviews on to Bin, Caz and Flossie.

Regards

Rich

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »

Hey Guys  ;D

Thanks for all your kind words.  Sorry for the confusion for those who wanted to compare
 this to the original (@digger72 @shadowfax @Rightly ).  Here's a link.....

https://soundcloud.com/binladeda/beauty-bin-caz-2/s-XHblc

This has been quite a journey for me.  It started life as a piece of library music written by Flossie.
 I loved it straight away, and was sufficiently moved to get some lyrics together.  That was about
 18 months ago  ;D ;D .  I'm not a lyric writer, and always struggle....but sometimes I get the urge ;D
 Anyway, I knew the lyrics would have to be good to do the music justice, so I 'dug deep' ;D ;D
 and got about 7 verses together and sent them to Caz.  Eventually, we came up with the version
 that's on the link above.  It was then that the question of whether it needed a bit of 'songcraft' arose..
 Everything I tried, I didn't like.  So I asked a few other folk from around here to have a go.  Same thing.
 I couldn't listen objectively to anything else.  Anything that changed the story/delivery how Caz had told it, just
 wasn't going to work  ::) .  Yet we all knew it needed at least a repetition or two and some other stuff
 happening to make it a proper song, but that wasn't going to happen so we asked @Skub to produce it, and
 released it.  I thought that was it, done, finished, move on, it is what it is.....BUT NO ;D

Luckily for me  ;D .  Mr. Cowparsleyman was one of the guys I'd asked to have a crack at whipping it into
 a song.  I'm lucky, because even after rejection, he carried on ;D ;D  I hadn't listened to the track for
 a while, and got this ReMix version and immediately loved what I was hearing ;D ;D .  I think releasing the
 original version got rid of that inability to appreciate anything else, and I now love this version ;D . The lyrics don't
 seem to be as important to me anymore......strange but true ;D ;D

Anyway...that's why the original is on a private link.  This one is now my favourite...it's official ;D

......and yes digger. It's 'our' Flossie ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 03:44:49 PM »
@Binladeda - Lovely to hear from you, thanks for giving me the opportunity...

Rich