konalavadome

Rock 'n' Roll in the diner

• 7 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: March 31, 2019, 03:56:09 PM »

Just back from a wild afternoon at the A19 American diner in the northeast of England. Where I met PaulAds. Wine women and song in abundance! Paul was half cut in no time. He was leading me astray with booze and an impromptu Rock 'n' roll performance for the law abiding motorists that had stopped off for a quick cup of tea.

I've met a handful of people from the forum over the years. I travelled to Stirling in Scotland  to see a guy called Andy Cruise, then Brighton in the South of England to meet Binladeda.  It dawned on me that I should really catch up with PaulAds as we're both from the northeast of England (AKA God's country). It's always good to put personalities and faces to the forum posts.  it was a real pleasure to meet Paul. Unfortunately it was a brief get together and sadly in reality we drank only coffee before going our separate ways.  Thought I'd share this news and say thanks to Paul for his company and a quiet chat.  Hopefully we'll perhaps collaborate on some music at some point in the year!

Thanks PaulAds it was a pleasure to meet you!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:09:21 PM by Wicked Deeds »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 04:33:18 PM »
Ha ha...yes...crazy times indeed!

Pity we didn't have longer as I really enjoyed the chat...and I was only a little late for Mrs Ads...so even if she had bought a new rolling pin at the shops...she didn't whack me over the head with it. Not yet, anyway...

It was great to catch up with you  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »
I do keep toying with the idea of a forum “meet up” weekender where we could all check in to a Travel Lodge/Premier Inn

In my mind the format would be...

Pre-meet on a Friday night for those travelling down and staying over for dinner, chat and drinks

Saturday - Day 1 - arrival and a day in a studio/rehearsal complex for some co-writing and recording, with some “master class” workshops on recording and mixing

Saturday - Day 1 evening - dinner and drinks together followed by an “open mic” night in a pub where we would support each other but we would encourage any locals to listen in

Sunday - Day 2 - breakfast and chatting about music with some more masterclasses on songwriting, lyric writing and some critiquing of the songs written and recorded on day 1

Sunday - Day 2 - end late afternoon to allow people to travel home

If there is interest I can look at locations and costs - I have the perfect location in mind that is in Hertfordshire

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »
This is an excellent idea.

Rich

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »

Just back from a wild afternoon at the A19 American diner in the northeast of England. Where I met PaulAds. Wine women and song in abundance! Paul was half cut in no time. He was leading me astray with booze and an impromptu Rock 'n' roll performance for the law abiding motorists that had stopped off for a quick cup of tea.

I've met a handful of people from the forum over the years. I travelled to Stirling in Scotland  to see a guy called Andy Cruise, then Brighton in the South of England to meet Binladeda.  It dawned on me that I should really catch up with PaulAds as we're both from the northeast of England (AKA God's country). It's always good to put personalities and faces to the forum posts.  it was a real pleasure to meet Paul. Unfortunately it was a brief get together and sadly in reality we drank only coffee before going our separate ways.  Thought I'd share this news and say thanks to Paul for his company and a quiet chat.  Hopefully we'll perhaps collaborate on some music at some point in the year!

Thanks PaulAds it was a pleasure to meet you!

well this is weird...we were traveling home from Newcastle airport on March 31st and stopped off at the very same diner around 4PM..were you there on that day? or are you talking about another day?
@Wicked Deeds
@PaulAds
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »
No way!

Yeah...it was the Sunday afternoon...we left around 3:00pm, I think.

What a pity we weren't able to catch up with you too...that would have been great.

Just as well that we didn't smash the place up, then  ;D
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
@shadowfax, we missed you by a whisker. Three rock stars in the same diner :-) What a chance meeting that would have been my friend.

Paul

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 03:12:24 PM »
Yeah!! the police would still be looking for us..I was just thinking that I would probably have recognized paul because of his vids, but would I have been sure enough to walk up to two guys and say..hey are you from the songwriting forum..

@Wicked Deeds 
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!