Steady as she Goes - spring quest ( I guess )

• 19 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:17 PM »
Yeah, you're an excellent narrative song writer Paulski, I think that's why so many of us imagine your songs being part of theatrical productions.  I'm always impressed by the way you weave in plot twists into your lyrics, and balance levity with melancholy.  This one reminded me of Roger Whittaker.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 07:39:41 AM »
Great lyrics and storytelling matched with suitably nautical music.

I dug a few graves when I was younger...it was hard work, but good money...and often quite spiritually rewarding...and we had major problems with drainage on the hillside boneyard of St Johns...to such a degree that we often threw a lot of straw in to mop up and disguise things. One time, I remember thinking that they should have blown a hornpipe as the coffin splashed into its watery grave. Steady as she goes, boys...

High standard of work...nice picking too. Lovingly crafted. Trademark Paulski.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »
@Movin Flavour - cheers Sandeep - glad you caught the sea-breeze  :D

@PaulyX - thanks Paul - Roger Whitaker eh - that's a first  :D He's a great singer so I'll take that as a compliment  ;D

@PaulAds - cheers Paul (lots of Paul's on here  :D). I had a part time job in high school - never dug a grave but filled in lots of 'em. Shoveling dirt onto beautiful oak coffins - I can still see it in my head  ;D Gotta be a song there too. Thanks for the kind review!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »
Hi Paul,

What I like about this most are the lyrics. Really top notch story telling through music. Musically it's not what I'd usually listen to, but the music fits the lyrics and vice versa.
The "steady as she goes" part did make me think of Coward of the County a little - that "Promise me son, not to do the things I've done," bit.

Happy Easter,

Digger

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 06:12:55 PM »
Enjoyed all the instrumentation in this Paul...the pipe and accordion whatever it is that gives it the seafaring vibe....the picked guitar is very nice...my fave is the twangy bass sound though. What is that?

Gets into more familiar Paulski musical mode at the bridge and is done with style as we've come to expect!

Nicely done and played.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer